Potentially Bricked MSI 1070ti???

Samsterstorm

Long time no see chaps,

Looking for some advice! Friend of mine recently picked up a MSI 1070ti for cheap the person selling the card said occasionally it will not display a picture. Now the card will not post in my system (I get a b2 asrock BIOS code) Which is a GPU firmware issue. 

I tired booting with internal GPU with the card installed and I just blue screen windows with a nvlddmkm.sys error and cant get into windows. 

I am thinking the card may have been flashed un successfully by the last owner or he wound the voltage up to high in a BIOS flash! The card has no signs of extreme heat at all and stays warm when running.

Anyone know of a way to flash the VBIOS on the card via a bootable USB I can do with it plugged into IGPU? It is picked up in mu bios so the card is not a complete lost hope!

Cheers dudes 🤟

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

22 minutes ago, Samsterstorm said:

wound the voltage up to high in a BIOS flash!

This isn't possible. Pascal BIOS Tweaker doesn't exist and nobody is making a XOC BIOS for GTX 1070/Ti models.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

This isn't possible. Pascal BIOS Tweaker doesn't exist and nobody is making a XOC BIOS for GTX 1070/Ti models.

Ahh cheers mate, so u reckon its done for then? I am thinking the old owner bricked it some how he said he was "Just overclocking it a bit" 

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Just now, Samsterstorm said:

Ahh cheers mate, so u reckon its done for then? I am thinking the old owner bricked it some how he said he was "Just overclocking it a bit" 

While it would be possible to get the GPU to boot with your iGPU, it comes down the nvidia driver recognising the card. And if the driver doesn't recognise the card then it's basically game over.

If your friend wants to play around with a Pascal GPU just get any of the GTX 1080s floating about. Way more support for those cards than the GTX 1070/Ti.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

44 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

While it would be possible to get the GPU to boot with your iGPU, it comes down the nvidia driver recognising the card. And if the driver doesn't recognise the card then it's basically game over.

If your friend wants to play around with a Pascal GPU just get any of the GTX 1080s floating about. Way more support for those cards than the GTX 1070/Ti.

Yeah he has lots of cards he just took a hit on this card hoping it could be something easy! He is only £40 out of pocket so not the end of the world