1070 vs 980 ti

Celtie

i want to buy a gpu on ebay for 100-120$ and these cards seem fitting, but the 980 ti is cheaper than the 1070 and they deliver basically the same performance. So... which one?

The 1070 has more ram and uses less power, so unless the 980 ti is a fair bit cheaper than the 1070 (say $30 or so) then I recommend the 1070

Of course, it also depends on the model. If you're comparing a high end 980 ti to a low end 1070, that 980 could end up overclocking real good and delivering some serious performance

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i'd probably want the 1070 just so the gpu isnt outmoded so quickly. the 980 is getting up there in support age.

11 minutes ago, NinJake said:

980ti. If it were a 1070ti I'd say go with that.

id honestly say 1070 just because it has more VRAM and uses less power, spending the extra money to get that is totally worth it IMO.

Also, the 1070 can run RTX voice way better than a 980.

phone out of service?

give us a call.