i need help with my igpu

So, basically I started using my igpu for 2nd monitor and, and i notices that it uses 16gb of ram (I have 32gb in total) and I'd like to decrease it to like 2gb's or something.

Is there a way to do that or am I just forced to use that ammount on igpu? or is there completly different reason this happens.

(also no, I cant use my main gpu for that 2nd monitor)

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Every GB from 16 GB is not used by the iGPU, it only uses a lot when it is loaded with some GPPU heavy taks.

And in this 16GB there are the background processes, the Windows itself, and the ongoing processes, and you are probably running some GPU intensive workload that's why it consumes that much, but why would it hurt???

I mean it only uses Ram, its not like that its limiting the performance or something.

3 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Every GB from 16 GB is not used by the iGPU, it only uses a lot when it is loaded with some GPPU heavy taks.

And in this 16GB there are the background processes, the Windows itself, and the ongoing processes, and you are probably running some GPU intensive workload that's why it consumes that much, but why would it hurt???

I mean it only uses Ram, its not like that its limiting the performance or something.

well it blocks half of my RAM so other applications cant use it, thats the problem.

It's shared memory, and still available to other programs if the GPU doesn't need it. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

It's shared memory, and still available to other programs if the GPU doesn't need it. 

Seems true after i tried running enough instances of minecraft to completely run out of RAM.

At first i tried to see if it looks that portion using MemTest64 and setting it to 20gb, and it returned allocation error, weird coz after "minecraft test" it worked like normal.

Well thx for letting me know, guess its just the weird way of showing it all by windows that made me think that way.