Can someone help me with this 400mm dual rad compatibility question

Actually, first off, would the benefit of a 200mm radiator just be even more quiet than 120mm/140mm radiator? Or would the heat dissipation be better since the rad is bigger..?

Second off, if the top of my PC case (Thermaltake Chaser MK-1) can fit two 200mm fans, does that automatically mean it can fit a 400mm dual rad, or can there still be mounting issues? Guess drilling the holes is always an option right?

edit: ohhh I'm still new to the whole static pressure thing.... I bet that's why 200mm rads aren't as common huh..

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

a 200mm rad is better at cooling than a 120/140. But there aren't the fans for good static pressure to help cool them. You can fit a 400mm rad by the looks of it. But if you can do like a dual 240mm even though it's much smaller it would look better and might fit better

Actually, first off, would the benefit of a 200mm radiator just be even more quiet than 120mm/140mm radiator? Or would the heat dissipation be better since the rad is bigger..?

Second off, if the top of my PC case (Thermaltake Chaser MK-1) can fit two 200mm fans, does that automatically mean it can fit a 400mm dual rad, or can there still be mounting issues? Guess drilling the holes is always an option right?

edit: ohhh I'm still new to the whole static pressure thing.... I bet that's why 200mm rads aren't as common huh..

Only Bifenix has 200mm fan with the highest static pressure at the moment and it is not that good however 200mm radiators have low fin density so it would benefit form the fan's CFM more than the static pressure.

Making the 200mm radiators fit will be a serious challange if the radiator holes and the fan holes don't line up. This will mean that you will have to drill holes for the radiator and you still are not sure that the fan, when installed, would be blowing the air properly over the radiator. Not only are 200mm radiators not common because of the static pressure thing but also because of mounting issues and cases with enough space to fit them.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

of the 3 200mm fans I've used, non of them were quiet enough for me, and considering there aren't any SP 200mm fan's, you'll get better noise performance and prolly better thermal performance (due to better fans) out of a similarly sized 120 or 140 rad.  

If you go the 120 rad route, get Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans, and jump on it quick.  they're no longer in production and it looks like people are starting to run out of stock.

If you're set on a big rad, I'd recommend stepping down to a 180 or getting a 200 rad that can accept a 180 fan.  Silverstone makes an SP optimized 180mm fan, although I don't have any experience with it to tell you how it performs...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Ty for the tips everyone. I think I've changed my mind and just going to go with a 120mm triple rad.... I'm actually more interested in quietness than low temps, 120mm fans CAN be extremely quiet right?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Ty for the tips everyone. I think I've changed my mind and just going to go with a 120mm triple rad.... I'm actually more interested in quietness than low temps, 120mm fans CAN be extremely quiet right?

yes, i have 6 120mm fans and 3 140mm, the loudest thing in my system is the pump.  but you need to spin them pretty slow to be that quiet, a single 360 rad prolly wont be enough to cool a cpu and gpu at that low a fan speed.  its enough for a quiet system, but not to the point where your pump is the loudest thing in it

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

yes, i have 6 120mm fans and 3 140mm, the loudest thing in my system is the pump.  but you need to spin them pretty slow to be that quiet, a single 360 rad prolly wont be enough to cool a cpu and gpu at that low a fan speed.  its enough for a quiet system, but not to the point where your pump is the loudest thing in it

I second this, the loudest thing in my system is my HDD, someday I hope to ditch it for another ssd :)

Gentle typhoons are the quietest fan I've used yet.  Previously used sp120's, nf-f12's. The GT's are great :)

@Jedicake You should be fine since it's only a 660 ti + 3570k. temps will probably be in the 40-55 range for the GPU, and ~45-60 for the CPU depending on what RPM the fans are at.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089