How to transfer certain files to a new boot drive SSD

StepDice
Go to solution Solved by flashiling,

i just manually moved the files to my new ssd and didn't have any issues with that.

though i'm not sure that's the recommended way to do it

Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of a confusing situation atm. I have gotten myself a new ssd after filling my current 1tb ssd. Old one is a sata ssd and new one is nvme. Therefore sata has to go in top slot and nvme in bottom slot (because of compatibility). As you can imagine, the new one is faster and so I have installed my windows 10 onto that one as well. Once I have booted into the new one, shut-down, re-installed the old one, booted back in. To access any of my old files I have to go through the lengthy process of file explorer, this pc, users etc etc etc which is a long process so I've left the ssd in it's box till I can find a solution. I would like to know if there is any easy way to transfer all my adobe files, videos etc etc to the new one (which links all the videos etc to the adobe files) wihtout having to uninstall premiere on one drive, reinstall on the new one. Transfer all my projects across, then have to relocate every video on the old drive. Same goes for any other files I'll want quick access to which will stay on the new drive. If anyone knows a way in windows, or a piece of software I should download once the new drive is in again, then please lmk as I'm down to 10gb left on my old one lmao!

Sorry for the essay but thanks guys!!!

i just manually moved the files to my new ssd and didn't have any issues with that.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

26 minutes ago, flashiling said:

Yeah I'll probably have to do that, just need to get around to it because its not something I can do in 30 mins lol

Why don't you just clone it in the first place.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, SupaKomputa said:

Why don't you just clone it in the first place.

Because I am using the new one as a boot drive and so want to keep most of my old ones on the old ssd. I just moved them all manually and it seems to work now though