Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone.

Please, I would like your help to the following.

I have a POS terminal Ingenico iCT220 which I want to connect it to the router.

Having a networking cat5e cable, I would like to make the two edges of the cable with connectors. I do not know the pinouts (or colors) on each edge.

Does anyone know the two edges pins (or colors)

Thank you for your ti!

The standard ethernet pin assignment spec is called 586B

If you google that term you'll find lots of diagrams showing the pinout.

Thats ofcourse assuming you want a standard ethernet cable, and not something specific to that terminal.

Yes, I know standard ethernet pin is 586B.

I tried google as follows:

586B pinout to 4p4c pin (I guess this is the solution search)

and reverse but didn't find something.

2 minutes ago, johnyb98 said:

586B pinout to 4 pin (I guess this is the solution search)

The ethernet connection on that device is optional. The 4 pin connector on it is to connect to a computer or cash register for data (rs232). Not network.

I guess you mean cable like that:

190121.png.498e1cf311cec7240d4cc310876e9638.png

So, the ethernet port on Ingenico iCT220 is not for making it work via internet.

Please, have a look at small video here:

My big wonder, as you will see on video, that it has not internet port. I mean, to connect it to a router port, and make it work via internet and not telephone line. But, if no internet working, why it has DHCP or manually IP setup on its menu? What is it for?

Telephoning to company that sells iCT220 told me that it works with internet too. Not only with telephone line.

3 hours ago, johnyb98 said:

I guess you mean cable like that:

190121.png.498e1cf311cec7240d4cc310876e9638.png

So, the ethernet port on Ingenico iCT220 is not for making it work via internet.

Please, have a look at small video here:

My big wonder, as you will see on video, that it has not internet port. I mean, to connect it to a router port, and make it work via internet and not telephone line. But, if no internet working, why it has DHCP or manually IP setup on its menu? What is it for?

Telephoning to company that sells iCT220 told me that it works with internet too. Not only with telephone line.

It has an ip so that you can telnet into it and configure it would be my guess. 

I too thought the same. But from company support center said that iCT220 works either with telephone line or internet.

Today, a few hours ago, I visited a store with specific POS. Store's boss told me that works it via internet.