I need some suggestion on me switching platforms and upgrading

Glixy1

Just built a pc like a month ago but I'm not really using it that often, specs are:
i3-9100f, 8gb ram 4x2, b365m mortar, 1650 super
this was my setup due to tight budget but now I'm planning to sell it and upgrade to:
r5 3600, b550 mobo, 16gb ram, 550w psu
but will putting the gpu on hold for now (will be putting a gt1030 that I found laying around) and when The budget for the gpu will arive I think at after 5 months? Will be buying probably a rtx 2060 or 1660 super or 5600xt. I'm not sure what I'm planning to do is worth it or should I just wait until my budget for gpu first then build my pc but the price of my current pc will decrease because it will be used concurrently. (I'm not really a hard core gamer and use my pc that often but I really just want a good pc laying around that will also have a good upgrade path) sorry for my bad english

5 minutes ago, Glixy1 said:

Just built a pc like a month ago but I'm not really using it that often, specs are:
i3-9100f, 8gb ram 4x2, b365m mortar, 1650 super
this was my setup due to tight budget but now I'm planning to sell it and upgrade to:
r5 3600, b550 mobo, 16gb ram, 550w psu
but will putting the gpu on hold for now (will be putting a gt1030 that I found laying around) and when The budget for the gpu will arive I think at after 5 months? Will be buying probably a rtx 2060 or 1660 super or 5600xt. I'm not sure what I'm planning to do is worth it or should I just wait until my budget for gpu first then build my pc but the price of my current pc will decrease because it will be used concurrently. (I'm not really a hard core gamer and use my pc that often but I really just want a good pc laying around that will also have a good upgrade path) sorry for my bad english

Firstly, I think I'd check to see if the GT1030 meets my needs after I've replaced the 1650 super. Also, with Ampere on the horizon, the price of 1650 super will fall quite a bit when an equivalent 3000 series card launches like the 3050 super or something.

I've haven't been following the rumors quite a lot, but if the price drop of Turing cards after Ampere was launched is anything to go by (even if they were paper launches), I'd suggest selling the 1650 super card right away. You'd get a better price now.

In summary if your current workload is enough for a GT1030, you could sell your 1650 super before its price drops drastically. This is just my opinion. Hope it helps.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for聽a reply. 馃檪

If you're looking for longevity and upgradeability, you've got a great plan. A Ryzen 5 3600 will definitely do a good job for now, as will the ram and power supply, and that B550 puts you in a great spot to eventually jump to a Ryzen 5 5600X when the time (and funds) come along. When you get the money for a card, a 2060 (provided you get a good deal on it used) and 5600XT are great bets for you as well.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 -聽Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

16 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Firstly, I think I'd check to see if the GT1030 meets my needs after I've replaced the 1650 super. Also, with Ampere on the horizon, the price of 1650 super will fall quite a bit when an equivalent 3000 series card launches like the 3050 super or something.

I've haven't been following the rumors quite a lot, but if the price drop of Turing cards after Ampere was launched is anything to go by (even if they were paper launches), I'd suggest selling the 1650 super card right away. You'd get a better price now.

In summary if your current workload is enough for a GT1030, you could sell your 1650 super before its price drops drastically. This is just my opinion. Hope it helps.

For now I just mainly do nothing that is gpu intensive. I'm just browsing on the internet and watching some movies in my pc so should be fine. Thanks for info, I appreciate it!

yeah, that's what I've also thought of when picking the motherboard and since amd has a really great price to performance ratio on going. Thanks for this!

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv