MK1101

Hi 

So i recently finished building my own pc. My current specs are :-

Ryzen 7 3700x

RTX 2060

16 GB RAM 

550W power supply 

144hz BenQ XL2411P

Everythingrything posted fine and booted excellent. All drivers are installed but my graphics seem to be pixelated in certain areas especialy in darker areas. Is this a GPU problem or a monitor issue. Someone please help.IMG_20210119_011039.thumb.jpg.0fd10eeb2244101f991f9febd8677fc1.jpg

IMG_20210119_011022.jpg

IMG_20210118_164918.jpg

Have you tried running a free benchmark software like Haven just to see if the GPU operates ok under stress if it run fines in the bench mark which are normally the worse case scenarios then you can start looking into issue related to the games.

Can you take direct screenshot/print screen to isolate screen/cable problem? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

That looks an awful lot like way back in the 2000s when people tried to run 256 color games on 16 bit graphics cards... What game is that?

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

So the issue more than likely falls into one of these three problems: a bad driver install, a bad display cable, or a bad GPU, in order of best to worse. I would start by first checking to see if it does this in games other than CS, maybe try a synthetic like unigen Superposition (its free and a good GPU stress test). If it does the same thing, it's one of the three issues mentioned above, and not just a bad game install. I would then run DDU to uninstall the driver cleanly and then reinstall, to ensure that the driver is not the issue (a bad GPU driver can cause issues like this). I would then swap the cable to something else and see if that fixes it, maybe swapping the ports on both the GPU and the monitor to see if one of them is maybe bad. Maybe also try a different monitor at the same time, as a bad monitor can cause these types of issues. Finally, the last problem would be the GPU, and this is the one you want to be the issue the least. If you have access to another system, try installing it in there, and see if there card just doesn't want to work on your particular motherboard, although the likelihood of that being the problem is very low. More than likely if it is the GPU, it should still be covered by warranty, and therefore you can do an RMA and get a new one. You will be out a system for a while, but at least it will still work.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, shoutingsteve said:

That looks an awful lot like way back in the 2000s when people tried to run 256 color games on 16 bit graphics cards... What game is that?

That's CSGO and Dota 2