Asus BIOS 5830 beta

Ripred

Just wondering if anyone has tooled around with this bios yet? I've never used a beta bios so I'm scared to try it until I've seen other people go first lol

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

if a bios is released, then it works. Don't assume they released the BIOS on purpose to make your motherboard die. Because then they will lose money to repair your motherboard. BIOS should work. It will not work only if something goes wrong (power surge, crash)

It is called beta because 5-series support on older motherboards is unstable on some boards, but anything below a 5-series CPU will work as expected.

Main: Intel i7-10700KF, RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC, 16 GB 3900MHz CL15 B-Die, Windows 11 Pro

Third PC: Intel i5-10400F, RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio, 16GB 3000MHz Timitec, Windows 10 Pro

Second PC: Ryzen 7 2700, RTX 2070 Super STRIX, 16GB 3200MHz CL15, Windows 10 Pro

First PC: Intel i5-3570, GTX 1060 Windforce, 16GB G-Skill 1600MHz, Windows 10 Pro

Hmmm Laptop: Pentium M 1.6GHz, iGPU, 2 GB 800MHz DDR2, Windows 7 SP1

so my 3700x should be fine regardless? i was just interested in this one because its supposed to make more compatibility with SAM

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

• 4 weeks later...

i know this is an old thread, but im looking for answers

i updated to this bios back in january, took a couple weeks but i eventually lost all but #2 dimm slot, tried all 4 slots, with each stick of ram.
only slot #2 worked with each stick. so 1,3,4 had power (rgb ram) but caused the yellow light to stay on, and no post.
i just updated it to the 5837 bios, and all 4 sticks work now

edit, ryzen 5 2400g, 32gb trident z, corsair rm850x, RX580 8gb

On 1/19/2021 at 8:34 AM, lotus10101 said:

Just wondering if anyone has tooled around with this bios yet? I've never used a beta bios so I'm scared to try it until I've seen other people go first lol

Just a suggestion... if you mention the mobo model in the OP it would be helpful for many and they wouldn't be confused.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 1:42 AM, Super User said:

Just a suggestion... if you mention the mobo model in the OP it would be helpful for many and they wouldn't be confused.

🤤 Asus x470 f strix

On 2/13/2021 at 1:15 AM, Goodwynn said:

i know this is an old thread, but im looking for answers

i updated to this bios back in january, took a couple weeks but i eventually lost all but #2 dimm slot, tried all 4 slots, with each stick of ram.
only slot #2 worked with each stick. so 1,3,4 had power (rgb ram) but caused the yellow light to stay on, and no post.
i just updated it to the 5837 bios, and all 4 sticks work now

edit, ryzen 5 2400g, 32gb trident z, corsair rm850x, RX580 8gb

That's interesting, and this only happened after that update? Sounds like it didn't flash correctly and got corrupted,lucky it didn't brick your board and was able to reflash