RTX 3070 RED BLINK/ABNORMAL BOOT.

Picklerick

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

Asus RoG Strix B550-F Wifi

Asus RoG Strix RTX 3070 OC 

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2*8Gb 3600Mhz

Seasonic Focus GX-750W 

Windows 10 pro free version (waiting for my Key)

So I installed windows and everything seemed fine until I noticed my amd wraith prism wasn't working with the software, I found a fix on youtube telling me to connect it to another USB header, so I unplug everything on my rig and placed the cooler into another USB header. So I plug everything back in and I boot and then I noticed it's taking longer to boot than usual and there are red lights blinking from the GPU's power cables as soon as my pc lit up. It then shut down for no reason and then it turned on back again on its own.

I shutdown my pc to replug the usb devices in and I saw that I forgot to put the ethernet cable on. Once I put it on the board the pc booted properly and stopped blinking. So then I try booting again with the ethernet cable unplugged and then abnormal booting + red leds again.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening? Do I need to do an update or something? I've stopped touching my pc since then to prevent potential damage until I find an answer.

Ps: Everything is new. Blinking also goes away when I restart my Psu.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a close look at your motherboards manual. Most likely, it states combinations of graphics card slots and m.2 SSD slots that cannot be used at the same time. As a rule of thumb, put your graphics card into the PCIe slot that is closest to your CPU. (Probably the upmost/northmost one, enumerated as "1").