Would Msi Gtx 1650 4gb oc run on Lenovo thinkcentre m92p SFF

I have a lenovo thinkcentre m92p sff, i am trying to change the case and the psu and add gtx 1650 4gb oc聽

My specs are i5 3470 3.2ghz, 8 ram ddr3, psu is a 240w, is there any chance it would work without changing psu, cause i didn't find any psu available in my location, due to this pandemic, i would appreciate an answer 馃檶

Both psu and motherboard are proprietary so you cannot change them. 240w with that age would be just about enough for a pcie slot only powered 1650 and the remainder of the system.

So basically 2 options. Get a different computer in total or just stick with the 1650 and this system and sell it later for something better.

Even if you could find another power supply you would have to find some sort of adapter to make it work. Those machines don't use standard ATX power supplies. The motherboard should be standard mATX, so that's fine. Does the GPU need additional power connectors? If it doesn't then you should be alright to use it if you can move the motherboard to a different case.聽

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Both psu and motherboard are proprietary so you cannot change them.

The motherboard is a standard mATX size board, so it isn't stuck in that case forever. The power supply is non-standard though, so it would need some sort of adapter.聽

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT聽(1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

2 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

The motherboard is a standard mATX size board, so it isn't stuck in that case forever. The power supply is non-standard though, so it would need some sort of adapter.聽

Yes but not quite. It has slightly differing mounting and can be transferred with a bit of tweaking. 14 pin power adapters do exist for it but honestly at that point you might as well just sell the thing and get a i7 tower dell. Same price but you move up to a i7 as you don't have to buy a semi decent case for the m92 + the adapter.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes but not quite. It has slightly differing mounting and can be transferred with a bit of tweaking. 14 pin power adapters do exist for it but honestly at that point you might as well just sell the thing and get a i7 tower dell. Same price but you move up to a i7 as you don't have to buy a semi decent case for the m92 + the adapter.

What do you mean? I've transplanted these machines before into mATX cases. Sitting next to me right now is a ThinkCentre M73 in an old HP case.聽

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT聽(1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

15 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Both psu and motherboard are proprietary so you cannot change them. 240w with that age would be just about enough for a pcie slot only powered 1650 and the remainder of the system.

So basically 2 options. Get a different computer in total or just stick with the 1650 and this system and sell it later for something better.

So is it fine if i add the gtx 1650, would it affect the performance in any way?聽

1 minute ago, ProjectBox153 said:

What do you mean? I've transplanted these machines before into mATX cases. Sitting next to me right now is a ThinkCentre M73 in an old HP case.聽

From my experience with a couple m91 systems the mounting holes were off by a couple millimeters every time so had to do some wrangling to get it to fit.

Just now, LigmaSFF said:

So is it fine if i add the gtx 1650, would it affect the performance in any way?聽

I'd hope so otherwise whats the point in getting a card? :p. But what is the question here I don't quite get it.

Just now, jaslion said:

I'd hope so otherwise whats the point in getting a card? :p. But what is the question here I don't quite get it.

My question is would it perform normally with that psu

5 minutes ago, LigmaSFF said:

My question is would it perform normally with that psu

It should. Keep in mind over the years the psu has degraded so it's probably closer to a 200w psu by now but that is still enough to make it work.

Just now, jaslion said:

It should. Keep in mind over the years the psu has degraded so it's probably closer to a 200w psu by now but that is still enough to make it work.

Thanks聽

17 minutes ago, jaslion said:

From my experience with a couple m91 systems the mounting holes were off by a couple millimeters every time so had to do some wrangling to get it to fit.

Hmm, never had that happen.聽