AIO Pump & Fans RPM

Go to solution Solved by jwwagner25,
21 hours ago, Ejayy said:

Hi,

Yes, its ID-Cooling, the 900rpm one is my Fan at the rear I had to connect it to the motherboard. Do I need to set a fan curve for my AIOs fans or should i just set it to default its kinda loud when its on 1795 rpm.

you definitely could set a curve. I ended up using the fancontrol app posted on the forums here, it's amazing. very lightweight and sets everything automatically on boot. 

I would do a simple graph where the fans are at their lowest speed until the cpu gets to maybe 70 degrees, then go to 90 or 100%. since you have a 360rad it will take a long time at idle for the water to warm up, the passive cooling ability of that size radiator is very good. 

best of luck,

jake

Hi everyone,

I wanna ask if this RPM for my AIO pump and the AIOs Fans are normal?

glN0cKb.png

The CPU or CPU_FAN is where I connected my AIOs fans
and the CPU_OPT is where I connected the AIO pump

I don't have a AIO_PUMP header so im stuck with this 2 headers and the rest are SYS_FAN my motherboard is b450 aorus pro wifi

Will this affect the lifespan of the AIO if it stays at this speed all the time?

I'm using Auraflow x 360 and Ryzen 5 3600 (I'm averaging at 37-42degrees)

No, that won't cause problems. I'm not sure whether the AIO is the one at 900RPM or 1700 but either way that is fairly low for an AIO pump. The pump on my be quiet 240mm goes up to 5,000RPM for reference. I also had a cheap one (brand was ID-cooling) that maxxed out at 2,000rpm. 

Sorry, I see you have the same brand of AIO. Your pump probably has the same 2,000RPM top speed. Still I don't think you will be causing any damage to it by running near top speed. I mean that is what they are made for. Just keep an eye on temps. If you see sudden spikes down the road, it's likely going to be due to pump failure. 

1 hour ago, jwwagner25 said:

No, that won't cause problems. I'm not sure whether the AIO is the one at 900RPM or 1700 but either way that is fairly low for an AIO pump. The pump on my be quiet 240mm goes up to 5,000RPM for reference. I also had a cheap one (brand was ID-cooling) that maxxed out at 2,000rpm. 

Sorry, I see you have the same brand of AIO. Your pump probably has the same 2,000RPM top speed. Still I don't think you will be causing any damage to it by running near top speed. I mean that is what they are made for. Just keep an eye on temps. If you see sudden spikes down the road, it's likely going to be due to pump failure. 

Hi,

Yes, its ID-Cooling, the 900rpm one is my Fan at the rear I had to connect it to the motherboard. Do I need to set a fan curve for my AIOs fans or should i just set it to default its kinda loud when its on 1795 rpm.

21 hours ago, Ejayy said:

Hi,

you definitely could set a curve. I ended up using the fancontrol app posted on the forums here, it's amazing. very lightweight and sets everything automatically on boot. 

I would do a simple graph where the fans are at their lowest speed until the cpu gets to maybe 70 degrees, then go to 90 or 100%. since you have a 360rad it will take a long time at idle for the water to warm up, the passive cooling ability of that size radiator is very good. 

best of luck,

jake