Lemme IIIIIIIIn!

So i just started using kali linux this day. and i dont know what im doin.
Everything is fine till i realized after i reboot that windows boot manager is gone.
so i did some research and figured out how to kindaaa do it BUT this thing is blocking my way.
ps: i dont mind the grub bootloader really, but my parents also use this pc so i want the windows 10 bootloader cuz its simpler. and i also wanna play valorant real bad.

Screenshot_2021-01-19_08_29_46.png

2 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

Did you wipe Windows 10 on installation, or do you know it's still there?

If it is, to boot into Windows, you need to go into your motherboard's boot options and select Windows Boot Manager or the drive you have Windows on.

I sill have win 10 installed and in the same drive as kali

2 minutes ago, zukoarson said:

I sill have win 10 installed and in the same drive as kali

and i replaced win boot manager with grub during the installation cuz im dumb and cant make good decisions in life.

i don't know what specific grub configuration Kali uses, but i do know that the grub customizer program you are using is quite old and i don't know if it works at all with the version of grub you have. 

the one i'm familiar with uses the command "sudo update-grub", you could try running that in a terminal but i can't say for sure if it will work. 

alternatively, you could try making an ubuntu usb, erasing your Kali partitions (be careful not to delete the Windows one's) and then install Ubuntu ont he space where kali was before. this will obviously delete all data on your Kali install, but it will give you a new grub install that should pick up your Windows install. 

sidenote, why do noobs install kali it's the worst thing you could possibly do.

She/Her

3 hours ago, Ashley xD said:

sidenote, why do noobs install kali it's the worst thing you could possibly do.

Because it sounds epic, has a wicked cool logo and did you know that all them real hackers use it. Why wouldn't you want to be a part of the dark web elite group? Just install Kali, use a Tor tab in Firefox and man oh man, you will be absolutely invincible!