Need help with my budget pc build

TrashPandaN1

I'm having issues with my PC build, as the title suggested. It's definitely a budget PC as I've only spent no more than $600 on it. I'm reusing a CPU my brother gave me out of his old PC and I'm also reusing my graphics card out of my build I did back in 2015 (I believe?) which is a EVGA 1060 SC. I only bought the case, PSU, RAM, and motherboard. The case is the NZXT H510, RAM is Corsair Vengeance, I forget the brand of the PSU but it's a 650 Silver, and the motherboard is ASRock Z270 Killer SLI. The only thing Ik about the CPU is that it's Intel 7th generation. My info might be skewed, and I admit I'm not the best at building computers, but from what I understood I had to use a 7th generation motherboard and this was the cheapest motherboard I could find. I was gonna go DDR3 as that's the ram I had and had to also find a motherboard that was DDR3, but later on just bought a DDR4 motherboard, which was only this one (From what I could find.) Now the issue. It won't start, post, anything. The RGB chipset will turn on, but nothing else. I feel like I've tried everything everyone else has said about this board to fix it, but nothing is working. I've been trying to troubleshoot the past couple days and decided I need to throw in the towel and ask for help from peers and pros. Please help me. Thanks.

Are you trying to use DDR3 ram, what is the model number of the ram on the side of it? Are you sure the processor is 7th gen? What about the drive?

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

8 minutes ago, cm992 said:

Are you trying to use DDR3 ram, what is the model number of the ram on the side of it? Are you sure the processor is 7th gen? What about the drive?

The motherboard I have is DDR4 compatable and the RAM I bought is DDR4, I just bought it 3 days ago from Best Buy. I have no idea about the CPU, the only thing I have to go off of is my brother telling me he's sure it's 7th gen. What do you mean about the drive? 

5 minutes ago, TrashPandaN1 said:

The motherboard I have is DDR4 compatable and the RAM I bought is DDR4, I just bought it 3 days ago from Best Buy. I have no idea about the CPU, the only thing I have to go off of is my brother telling me he's sure it's 7th gen. What do you mean about the drive? 

OK. What drive are you booting into windows with? There is no post to get into bios with?

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

1 minute ago, cm992 said:

OK. What drive are you booting into windows with? There is no post to get into bios with?

Oh, I'm using my old harddrive from my other PC, but the issue is nothing starts. The only thing that comes up is RGB behind the chipset. None of the fans power up, not even the CPU fan. The PSU doesn't turn on either.