Art and Gaming laptop

I have ben trying to find a laptop for my girlfriend but I'm not really very familiar with good laptops(or 2 in 1s) for art. Her parents said they would pitch in for it and when I asked none of them were able to give me a good budget but Im guessing they don't want to go much over $1500. The laptop will be used for fairly light gaming(she plays a lot of slime rancher/minecraft/phasmophobia/etc.) and she likes to draw. She has a cheap drawing tablet but I was thinking that while she is upgrading her laptop maybe she should get something with a touchscreen/pen. It should also be able to last a decent amount of time because she is currently a senior in highschool and I'm hoping that she wouldn't have to buy a new one before she gets out of college. I am not very well versed in what to look for when it comes to 2 in 1s or anything related to screen quality so I could use some help in those areas.

TLDR.

• Used for light gaming/drawing
  • Respectable build quality
  • hopefully under $1500
  • a 2 in 1 would probably work pretty well

Really the best drawing experience is with something like a intous pro medium (or whatever the modern one is called now) from wacom + a good laptop. It's not only better ergonomics but also simply a better drawing experience as the ntrig on basically every 2in1 kinda sorta just sucks for drawing.

If you can also wait like a month or 2 new laptops are launching very very soon that would be a lot better. A new g15 with a calibarted display (if the laptop is good of course wait for reviews) + wacom medium would be a killer setup.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Really the best drawing experience is with something like a intous pro medium (or whatever the modern one is called now) from wacom + a good laptop. It's not only better ergonomics but also simply a better drawing experience as the ntrig on basically every 2in1 kinda sorta just sucks for drawing.

If you can also wait like a month or 2 new laptops are launching very very soon that would be a lot better. A new g15 with a calibarted display (if the laptop is good of course wait for reviews) + wacom medium would be a killer setup.

I will have to talk to her about this. I'll have to see what she would prefer ergonomics-wise. As far as waiting while she probably could she has already been putting this off for a year or so and her hard drive is making that noise that means that its about to Thanos your file system(this has also been going on for about a year). 

1 hour ago, Tb428 said:

I will have to talk to her about this. I'll have to see what she would prefer ergonomics-wise. As far as waiting while she probably could she has already been putting this off for a year or so and her hard drive is making that noise that means that its about to Thanos your file system(this has also been going on for about a year). 

Well external hdd for backup is a must anyway so do that immediatly for now. As in when it comes out is like in 7 days.

Edit: ntrig for drawing is not recommended as there is simply too much line wobble as in you cannot draw straight straight lines no matter how hard you try as it just wobbles. Even wacom emr has this issue which is about the best tech you can get in a 2 in 1 it's a lot less bad than ntrig but still just sucks. I have tried many and owned a fair few devices and basically it comes down to. A wacom intous is unbeatable for drawing till you look at bigger proper screen tablets. Windows tablets and 2 in 1's are not even to be considered. The ipad is another really nice device.

The best choice would be the HP Envy 2-in-1 line (not to be confused with the regular Envy line) and the Spectre, which is more premium. They all feature either a Ryzen CPU or an Intel equivalent with an optional Nvidia GPU. All models are highly customizable on the HP website, regardless of your country.