The only graphics card you will be able to buy at launch - NVIDIA 'launches' the GT 1010

AndreiArgeanu

Summary

NVIDIA quietly launched a new GPU, the GT 1010 which is made on the pascal architecture and has 256 cores. The card was discovered by DapZ, a YouTuber who found it on accident while looking for drivers on nvidia's website.

Quotes

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia quietly launched a new GPU, the GT 1010, a card which is based on five-year-old Pascal architecture. This news was discovered by YouTuber Dapz who also confirmed the existence of the GT 1010 via a live chat with an Nvidia representative. The GT 1010 is aimed towards very basic graphical workloads like 2D / 3D acceleration and Home Theaters so don't expect this card to be in our Best Graphics Cards of 2021 lineup. But the GT 1010 should be replacing the much older Kepler-based GT 710 with a healthy boost to performance. Luckily you should be able to snag a GT 1010 in the future as Nvidia's GT series GPUs are largely unaffected by the current graphics card shortage.

image.png.baf7367240c428ec99648df23be2dabd.png

My thoughts

Very interesting to say the least, you can go check on nvidia's driver website and see for yourself and even download the driver (not that it would be of any use). Ironically this might be the only 'new' graphics card people can buy, since the rest are out of stock. I'm really curious to see what are the performance improvements compared to the GT 710 since there's got to be a reason for nvidia to release this new model.

Sources

tom'sHARDWARE

Already posted:

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out who tinkered with time machine and got all of us back to 2016...

27 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out who tinkered with time machine and got all of us back to 2016...

Haven’t seen the GT moniker in a long time.  9800gt was the last I remember, and that was a while ago.  Apparently someone thinks there’s a market for something less potent than a 1030. Won’t have anything on a Xe iGPU except it could have a lot more video out ports.  I can see that being useful in specific situations.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.