Fan positions on a current system. What would make the most sense?

smmmokin

So in the picture I drew arrows on fan directions. At the top of the case to the right I drew white lines all crazy. The top of the case has mesh and is open for airflow. So the back of the top has a fan, the rest is left open. I only had a fan in the front and a fan in the back and threw 2 more in today. I'm just wondering if anyone might have a same setup and recommendations. I HATE how the GPU fans blow hot air down. There is room to put an intake fan at the very bottom of the front of the case and am thinking maybe if I lower one of the front fans down there it would help blow the GPU heat out of the back. Maybe remove the 3 PCI covers at the back of the case so it'll push the air right out the back of the case.聽 But with the fan down there most of it will be below that red platform that runs along the bottom of the case. So it'd be less airflow overall but maybe worth it to push the GPU heat out. I dunno. Also, dust isn't a concern at all.

Would anyone recommend doing that? or anything else?

I gotta handle my cable management. One day. Don't judge 馃槵

20210118_113630.jpg

this is really good airflow. if you were to get more fans i would recommend getting 2 more, one (if you can) where you scribled and then one more in the front to create neutral airflow, the best airflow as you will always have the same amount of fresh air at anytime.

Gpu fans blow towards the card. So it blows towards the pcie-slot on motherboard and the side glass.

Easy fix for airflow is to buy the mesh panel.

22 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Gpu fans blow towards the card. So it blows towards the pcie-slot on motherboard and the side glass.

Easy fix for airflow is to buy the mesh panel.

lol you just made me feel dumb. I don't know why I always pictured the air blowing straight down.

41 minutes ago, Harlon said:

this is really good airflow. if you were to get more fans i would recommend getting 2 more, one (if you can) where you scribled and then one more in the front to create neutral airflow, the best airflow as you will always have the same amount of fresh air at anytime.

Thanks! Appreciate the input. Helpful.

2 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

This is a standard config it's fine, but what case is it?

Phanteks Eclipse p400

There is a p400 and a p400a. The p400a has a mesh front panel and is much better for cooling. With your p400 I would recommend 3x 120mm as front intake and everything else the same.

5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

There is a p400 and a p400a. The p400a has a mesh front panel and is much better for cooling. With your p400 I would recommend 3x 120mm as front intake and everything else the same.

Thanks! Yeah the one thing I dislike about this case is the air intake on the front. Could be a good idea with 3. If you take the front panel off it's wide open in the front with exposed fans. But with the cover on there's a small little spot at the top and a small little spot at the bottom it sucks air from and the rest is closed. It's a quiet case but airflows a little rough. Appreciate the input.

1 hour ago, smmmokin said:

Thanks! Yeah the one thing I dislike about this case is the air intake on the front. Could be a good idea with 3. If you take the front panel off it's wide open in the front with exposed fans. But with the cover on there's a small little spot at the top and a small little spot at the bottom it sucks air from and the rest is closed. It's a quiet case but airflows a little rough. Appreciate the input.

I have a p300 it does fine even with a r5 1600 and a Vega 56.