Need Help for Planning New PC Build

Kenpachi

Purpose : Gaming at 4k, Photoshop, After Effects, Android and Web Development. Won't be overclocking at all.

Build Details :

GPU -
RTX 3080 10GB FE - Bought

Please suggest any changes required in any of the following parts and also help choose a motherboard, case and whether if an Air Cooler like Dark Rock Pro 4 will suffice or I'll need to go for a Liquid Cooling setup?
(Considering that my place has high temps in summer and the pollution & dust level is also high.)

CPU :
AMD Ryzen 5600x - $385

Cooler :
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - $105

Motherboard :
1. MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WIFI - $295
2. Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus WiFi - $276
3. Msi MPG X570 Gaming Edge (Wi-Fi) - $272
4. Msi MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI - $234
5. GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC (Wi-Fi) - $245

Memory :
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 - 3600 CL18 - $190

Storage :
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - $100

Case Options :
1. Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - $125
2. Corsair 4000D Airflow - $105
3. Fractal Design Meshify C - $130
4. Corsair 275R Airflow - $97

PSU :     
Corsair HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - $165

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Kenpachi said:

Purpose : Gaming at 4k, Photoshop, After Effects, Android and Web Development. Won't be overclocking at all.

Build Details :

GPU -
RTX 3080 10GB FE - Bought

Please suggest any changes required in any of the following parts and also help choose a motherboard, case and whether if an Air Cooler like Dark Rock Pro 4 will suffice or I'll need to go for a Liquid Cooling setup?
(Considering that my place has high temps in summer and the pollution & dust level is also high.)

CPU :
AMD Ryzen 5600x - $385

Cooler :
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - $105

Motherboard :
1. MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WIFI - $295
2. Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus WiFi - $276
3. Msi MPG X570 Gaming Edge (Wi-Fi) - $272
4. Msi MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI - $234
5. GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC (Wi-Fi) - $245

Memory :
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 - 3600 CL18 - $190

Storage :
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - $100

Case Options :
1. Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - $125
2. Corsair 4000D Airflow - $105
3. Fractal Design Meshify C - $130
4. Corsair 275R Airflow - $97

PSU :     
Corsair HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - $165

Thank you

the dark rock pro 4 should be good enough, also for overclocking. it actually competes with many AIO coolers. but if you really wanna do a gooood big overclock get a good aio

MSI Gaming edge mobos have TERRIBLE vrms. get the msi mag x570 tomahawk or the gigabyte b550 aorus pro (v2) or the tomahawk b550

case, 4000d airflow is amazing, i have it rn. the 5000d airflow just released btw tho.

1 hour ago, wolfff said:

the dark rock pro 4 should be good enough, also for overclocking. it actually competes with many AIO coolers. but if you really wanna do a gooood big overclock get a good aio

MSI Gaming edge mobos have TERRIBLE vrms. get the msi mag x570 tomahawk or the gigabyte b550 aorus pro (v2) or the tomahawk b550

case, 4000d airflow is amazing, i have it rn. the 5000d airflow just released btw tho.

Thanks for the reply! I'm relieved to know that the DRP4 will be sufficient.

Also is x570 Tomahawk Wifi good? As Tomahawk x570 (non wifi) is rated S tier in the motherboard vrm tier list of the forums. I didn't mention the b550 Tomahawk as it doesn't have wifi and Bluetooth as per my knowledge and for me no wifi in the motherboard would work but I absolutely need Bluetooth in the motherboard so I can connect wireless earphones (and I've observed that most mobos come with both wifi and Bluetooth or none of them, they don't come with only either wifi or bluetooth, they have both of them or none.)

Also will the PSU be fine and not an overkill? I basically shortlisted the  PSU from the PSU tier list as it was in the top tier.

I really love the looks of the 4000D but according to the GamersNexus review, the Lancool II Mesh had better thermals and lower noise. I don't really like the looks of the Lancool II but it seems the best value according to performance.

Also, thanks for informing about the 5000D, I'll look for it if it comes in stock within this week and if it's performance exceeds the Lancool II

3 hours ago, wolfff said:

MSI Gaming edge mobos have TERRIBLE vrms. 

The B550 version is fine.

1 hour ago, Kenpachi said:

Thanks for the reply! I'm relieved to know that the DRP4 will be sufficient.

Also is x570 Tomahawk Wifi good? As Tomahawk x570 (non wifi) is rated S tier in the motherboard vrm tier list of the forums. I didn't mention the b550 Tomahawk as it doesn't have wifi and Bluetooth as per my knowledge and for me no wifi in the motherboard would work but I absolutely need Bluetooth in the motherboard so I can connect wireless earphones (and I've observed that most mobos come with both wifi and Bluetooth or none of them, they don't come with only either wifi or bluetooth, they have both of them or none.)

Also will the PSU be fine and not an overkill? I basically shortlisted the  PSU from the PSU tier list as it was in the top tier.

I really love the looks of the 4000D but according to the GamersNexus review, the Lancool II Mesh had better thermals and lower noise. I don't really like the looks of the Lancool II but it seems the best value according to performance.

Also, thanks for informing about the 5000D, I'll look for it if it comes in stock within this week and if it's performance exceeds the Lancool II

The Dark Rock Pro 4 is massive overkill for a 5600X. You can save some money by going with something like an Arctic Freezer 34 esports/duo.

The B550 Gaming Edge is the sensible option from your list. No need to spend more on the X570 Tomahawk.

12 hours ago, lee32uk said:

The Dark Rock Pro 4 is massive overkill for a 5600X. You can save some money by going with something like an Arctic Freezer 34 esports/duo.

The B550 Gaming Edge is the sensible option from your list. No need to spend more on the X570 Tomahawk.

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely search for alternate air coolers. P.S. The cooler you mentioned costs $60, so it's worth for that?

I had few questions about the B550 Gaming Edge, please answer
1. I may be using the PC for Audio Editing and to plug in MIDI instruments in future, I found that the B550 Gaming Edge's audio codec is not so good? Is the gap between the Mag X570 Tomahawk's audio codec and B550 Gaming Edge's audio codec significant?

2. The Motherboard VRM List, it has MSI B550 : Edge variant in the Tier S list, it's the Gaming Edge only right?  Will the Gaming Edge WiFi also have as good VRMs? Also, it has an orange color in Tier S implying that it's better than the mobos in Tier A but barely made it to Tier S, so it will be fine for my use case?

3. I will get 1 PCIE 4 slot for storage in the B550 Gaming Edge, right?

4 hours ago, Kenpachi said:

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely search for alternate air coolers. P.S. The cooler you mentioned costs $60, so it's worth for that?

I had few questions about the B550 Gaming Edge, please answer
1. I may be using the PC for Audio Editing and to plug in MIDI instruments in future, I found that the B550 Gaming Edge's audio codec is not so good? Is the gap between the Mag X570 Tomahawk's audio codec and B550 Gaming Edge's audio codec significant?

2. The Motherboard VRM List, it has MSI B550 : Edge variant in the Tier S list, it's the Gaming Edge only right?  Will the Gaming Edge WiFi also have as good VRMs? Also, it has an orange color in Tier S implying that it's better than the mobos in Tier A but barely made it to Tier S, so it will be fine for my use case?

3. I will get 1 PCIE 4 slot for storage in the B550 Gaming Edge, right?

The Arctic Freezer is usually cheaper than $60 assuming that is USA pricing. A lot of prices might be inflated though due to the ongoing pandemic. It usually goes for around $40 in the US. Even at $60 though it is $45 saved.

1) The B550 Gaming Edge has the same codec as the X570 Tomahawk according to MSI website. They are both Realtek ALC1200.

2) There is no non wifi version of the Gaming Edge, so the one in the tier list refers to the B550 Gaming Edge Wifi. It will cope fine even with a 5950X.

3) Yes, the top M.2 slot is pcie 4.0 on the B550 board.

24 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The Arctic Freezer is usually cheaper than $60 assuming that is USA pricing. A lot of prices might be inflated though due to the ongoing pandemic. It usually goes for around $40 in the US. Even at $60 though it is $45 saved.

1) The B550 Gaming Edge has the same codec as the X570 Tomahawk according to MSI website. They are both Realtek ALC1200.

2) There is no non wifi version of the Gaming Edge, so the one in the tier list refers to the B550 Gaming Edge Wifi. It will cope fine even with a 5950X.

3) Yes, the top M.2 slot is pcie 4.0 on the B550 board.

Thanks a lot for the reply! My place has temperatures of about 40-45 degree celsius in summers, so the Arctic Freezer would be sufficient for that too?

Also if possible could you please suggest case fans and airflow layout for my setup? (FE Card and Air Cooler for CPU)