Best Free Automatic Backup Software?

I need a simple trustworthy software that:

- Is free

- Allows me to automatically sync (backup) a folder on my computer to 1 or more disks connected to the PC

(I know a better option would be RAID1, but I do not need to backup the whole computer; but just 1 folder on a laptop to be always synced to a smaller SD card that is always in the laptop, for instance)

I know there are many, I'd like to know which one is the most robust, trustworthy and most used.

7 minutes ago, a0l0e0x000 said:

I need a simple trustworthy software that:

- Is free

- Allows me to automatically sync (backup) a folder on my computer to 1 or more disks connected to the PC

(I know a better option would be RAID1, but I do not need to backup the whole computer; but just 1 folder on a laptop to be always synced to a smaller SD card that is always in the laptop, for instance)

I know there are many, I'd like to know which one is the most robust, trustworthy and most used.

Windows has a perfectly fine backup system built-in.

I use EaseUS Todo backup on my systems, no issues.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I like the veeam desktop backup free edition. They have a free one that works well for desktops I use their server software a lot that use the same stuff underneath and it works well.

23 minutes ago, a0l0e0x000 said:

I know a better option would be RAID1, but I do not need to backup the whole computer; but just 1 folder on a laptop to be always synced to a smaller SD card that is always in the laptop, for instance)

Raid probably a worse solution normally as there are a lots more ways data can be lots. Also backups give you previous versions.

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Windows has a perfectly fine backup system built-in.

I know, but Windows File History is clunky and it wants me to backup everything by default and I can not select a custom folder of my choosing but just libraries. And OneDrive won't work for me because it's only 15GB free.

On 1/18/2021 at 11:36 AM, a0l0e0x000 said:

I know, but Windows File History is clunky and it wants me to backup everything by default and I can not select a custom folder of my choosing but just libraries. And OneDrive won't work for me because it's only 15GB free.

Use the bckup and restore windows 7, its lets you do full bootable images, and file backups also.