Asus Rtx 3070 dual oc bios switch

maizenblue

I finally got ahold of a 3070 but temps were initially higher than expected.  Theres a dual bios switch with silent mode and performance mode. I want to make sure its in performance mode but theres no way to tell which is which. As i face the outside edge of the gpu with it installed the switch is to the left. 

Is there anyway to ensure its in performance mode? If theres a p and s uts too small for me to see with the card installed. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Performance mode will have a higher fan curve. So mabye try running furmark, let the temps go high then toggle the switch on the card. The one with the most noise is performance mode.

Alternately use msi afterburner to set your own agressive fan curve. Thats what i do.

Perfermance mode would be faster. So run a benchmark, switch bios, run same benchmark, same settings. If the second is slower, switch it. If the second is faster, don't do anything.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Its a 50/50 chance, it really is not that hard to just switch it and reboot to see which one runs louder and cooler.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Digideath said:

hen toggle the switch on the card

No, you need to power off to, switching bioses when on it a bad idea.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

No, you need to power off to, switching bioses when on it a bad idea.

So i figured by reading up about it. Sorry about that.
Tbh from what i read, you could do the same thing using msi afterburner to adjust the fan settings with a small overclock?

Just now, Digideath said:

So i figured by reading up about it. Sorry about that.
Tbh from what i read, you could do the same thing using msi afterburner to adjust the fan settings with a small overclock?

Yeah, but its easier. I believe perf mode raises powerlimit on some dual bios cards.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

I get that I could just switch it and see, just wondered if anyone knew offhand. The performance does seem a little less than expected. Playing battlefield 1 I went from 80-100 fps on ultra 1440p with a 1070ti to 110-140 fps with a 3070. I was kind of expecting it to crush bf1 with a 3700x processor, with minimum fps at 144fps-I have a 144hz monitor. Could be the processor bottlenecking it I suppose, but if a 3700x bottlenecks a 3070 that hard at 1440p I cant even imagine how hard a 3080 gets bottlenecked at 1080p with ANY processor. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB