Best CPU for gaming and streaming for 350€?

Hi everyone!

Everytime I have a doubt about hardware, I always write first in this forum. And now that I'm upgrading my PC little by little, I've got to ask. After having in my home an RTX 3080 as my first step for upgrading (I was very lucky I have to admit), now I'm looking into CPU. mobo and all that stuff. And I was wondering which is the best option in terms of buying a CPU for gaming and streaming and for about no more than 350-380€. The contenders are the i7-10700k, 3800XT, 3800X and 3700X. Now that Zen 3 is out and 11th gen of Intel is about to come too, this CPUs I mentioned will be out to consider, because my plan is upgrading my system in 5-6 months. But as today, I'm kind of confused, because for what I'm looking for, they are pretty similar, and in terms of fps, 10700k kind of won every battle (depending on the game of course). Sooo if you can send me some help or any advice I'll appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

The 5600x would be a really good choice. It seems that it's available now and it's in stock (at least in the UK) and provides great performance.

image.thumb.png.8996e64c93108bd92685e312a65886fe.png

6 minutes ago, kambiz96 said:

Hi everyone!

Everytime I have a doubt about hardware, I always write first in this forum. And now that I'm upgrading my PC little by little, I've got to ask. After having in my home an RTX 3080 as my first step for upgrading (I was very lucky I have to admit), now I'm looking into CPU. mobo and all that stuff. And I was wondering which is the best option in terms of buying a CPU for gaming and streaming and for about no more than 350-380€. The contenders are the i7-10700k, 3800XT, 3800X and 3700X. Now that Zen 3 is out and 11th gen of Intel is about to come too, this CPUs I mentioned will be out to consider, because my plan is upgrading my system in 5-6 months. But as today, I'm kind of confused, because for what I'm looking for, they are pretty similar, and in terms of fps, 10700k kind of won every battle (depending on the game of course). Sooo if you can send me some help or any advice I'll appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

According to some leaks, 11th gen intel is barley even an improvement over 10th gen. 

Since you are upgrading in 5 - 6 months, I think a 5600x would be a good bet. You can stream of your GPU, and in FPS games the 5600x destroys the 10700k.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

@AndreiArgeanu @Downkey I kind of wanted a 8 core processor as I'm upgrading from a i7-4770k. Is it worth a 8 core processor for this needs? From time to time I also work with engineer software and heavy workloads, but yeah 5600X is great choice, it was in my radar. And yeah, when the RTX 3080 arrived I'm streaming with the GPU, so no problems there. 

Just now, kambiz96 said:

@AndreiArgeanu @Downkey I kind of wanted a 8 core processor as I'm upgrading from a i7-4770k. Is it worth a 8 core processor for this needs? I usually work with engineer software and heavy workloads too, but yeah 5600X is great choice, it was in my radar. And yeah, when the RTX 3080 arrived I'm streaming with the GPU, so no problems there. 

Considering you're using GPU encoding for streaming the 5600X will suit you better. What is the enginner software and the other heavy workloads you use, can they fully take advantage of 8 cores and 16 threads?

4 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Considering you're using GPU encoding for streaming the 5600X will suit you better. What is the enginner software and the other heavy workloads you use, can they fully take advantage of 8 cores and 16 threads?

Probably not, 8 cores was just a whim hahahaha. So I will consider this one too. Let's see how this hardware and its prices evolves in a couple of months. 

1 minute ago, kambiz96 said:

Probably not, 8 cores was just a whim hahahaha. So I will consider this one too. Let's see how this hardware and its prices evolves in a couple of months. 

Yeah, but to be honest in 5-6 months you may be able to find a 5800, or 5700X that'll suit your needs. Or 11700K if they turn out to be good.