Restarting issue on heavy load

matrix50505

I recently got new ram and a new power supply and after installing them, I notice that under heavy load the computer monitors go black and the whole computer reboots. Logically I thought "Oh maybe the PSU is defective or the CPU is overheating" but I took the PSU in for stress testing and it held up fine meaning the PSU isnt the culprit. I did tests on the memory and it held up fine, swapped their spots (2 and 4) but the issue still seems to remain. Initially I assumed maybe it was the XMP profile I applied for the new ram but after turning it off the computer still crashed the same way.
So far all leads seem to point towards the processor but the CPU temps on non-xmp are at 75-83C and on XMP it's 85-90C, both of them crash.

At this point I'm all out of ideas and I'd appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

GPU: MSI 2080ti X Trio
CPU: Intel I9-9900K
RAM: Corsair Vengence 2x16GB 3600MHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero (Wifi)
HDD: Samsung M.2 NVMe

5 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Is it plugged into a power strip?

It is but the power strips are 2500W. My PSU is 850W and there aren't any other connections on the strip. I can tell you right off the bat that it's not because of a lack of power into the computer itself. The PSU is fine, I checked by connecting computer directly to the wall socket and still the same result. It has to be something within the computer itself.

It's not that, then.

That was my problem - turns out having all your computers plugged into a 1500w one makes it trip once my tower goes under load.
You could try reseating your CPU.

elephants

I did a stress test with OCCT on my CPU. At 100% load it reaches temps of up to 100C but it still doesn't give out (It normally never reaches 100% load since the CPU is so powerful and never needs to use all its resources) and its normal temps are ~85C otherwise under heavy load.

6 minutes ago, matrix50505 said:

I did a stress test with OCCT on my CPU. At 100% load it reaches temps of up to 100C but it still doesn't give out (It normally never reaches 100% load since the CPU is so powerful and never needs to use all its resources) and its normal temps are ~85C otherwise under heavy load.

You dont have to hit 105c to be unstable. I had many instances where CPU would stay around 99c yet it wouldnt be stable unless I reapplied thermal paste.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

You dont have to hit 105c to be unstable. I had many instances where CPU would stay around 99c yet it wouldnt be stable unless I reapplied thermal paste.

I recently reapplied the thermal paste due to bad temps when I didnt even need to. I imagine I reapplied the correct amount of paste otherwise the temps would be much higher than they are now but I could be wrong.

Just now, matrix50505 said:

I recently reapplied the thermal paste due to bad temps when I didnt even need to. I imagine I reapplied the correct amount of paste otherwise the temps would be much higher than they are now but I could be wrong.

I would start by reducing the CPU overclock. Use stock clock speeds and see if problem is still there.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I would start by reducing the CPU overclock. Use stock clock speeds and see if problem is still there.

I don't overclock the CPU at all. Asus' BIOS has a built-in CPU tuner which removes the i9's one core 5GHz limit and lets all cored clock to 5GHz but that's about it and sure I can turn it off because I know it adds an extra load on the CPU.

Okay so after turning off Asus Multicore Enhancement by forcing all limits, the computer boots up fine and a couple minutes later the computer freezes solid. Can't even move the cursor. Re-enabling AME resolves it.