7 3700x stock cooler replacement?

Beanman

Hi, I'm currently using the stock cooler for my 3700x and it is a decent cooler but runs hot and loud. The processor runs at about 4ghz at idle and I don't know if this is thermal throttling or not. when doing renders in blender the cooler gets very loud and is easily the loudest fan in the system. This is all in the lian li lancool 2 mesh so it shouldn't be lacking air flow. I'm looking at a few options right now and don't know what to get. I have a budget of around 100$ but would gladly spend under that. I've been looking at some of noctua's coolers and they are fine but are so close in price to some decent midrange AIO's I don't really see the appeal. Some of the corsair and nzxt aio's look good but I don't know if that is overkill for my system. If you have any advise I'd appreciate it. 

Great Air Coolers:

Noctua NH-U12S / U12A / NH-D15 / D14 / D15S

be Quiet Dark Rock 4 / Dark Rock Pro 4

Arctic Freezer 50

The Noctua U12S (not the U12A) is a bit worse than the rest because it's smaller and only runs on 1 fan, but the rest is very similar in terms of performance. All of them are great replacements for the stock cooler.

If you want an AiO, the Arctic Liquid Freezer II series is one of the AiO performance kings and a great value pick.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

40 minutes ago, Beanman said:

Hi, I'm currently using the stock cooler for my 3700x and it is a decent cooler but runs hot and loud. The processor runs at about 4ghz at idle and I don't know if this is thermal throttling or not. when doing renders in blender the cooler gets very loud and is easily the loudest fan in the system. This is all in the lian li lancool 2 mesh so it shouldn't be lacking air flow. I'm looking at a few options right now and don't know what to get. I have a budget of around 100$ but would gladly spend under that. I've been looking at some of noctua's coolers and they are fine but are so close in price to some decent midrange AIO's I don't really see the appeal. Some of the corsair and nzxt aio's look good but I don't know if that is overkill for my system. If you have any advise I'd appreciate it. 

I'm currently running my 3700x using an arctic freezer 34 esports duo. Max temps im getting while running both furmark and prime 95 small fft for ages is 57c-62c dependant on ambiant temps.

My vote goes to Le Grand Macho RT

But I am a massive Thermalright fanboy.

Can run 90w TDP semi passively. I tried 🙂

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

Here where I live, Deepcool Assassin III and Zalman CNPS20X are the cheapest of the great air coolers.

1 hour ago, Digideath said:

I'm currently running my 3700x using an arctic freezer 34 esports duo

That's a great "middle ground" cooler ... couple of degrees warmer maybe than the "great ones" but does the trick half the price.

I edit my posts more often than not

10 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Great Air Coolers:

Noctua NH-U12S / U12A / NH-D15 / D14 / D15S

be Quiet Dark Rock 4 / Dark Rock Pro 4

Arctic Freezer 50

The Noctua U12S (not the U12A) is a bit worse than the rest because it's smaller and only runs on 1 fan, but the rest is very similar in terms of performance. All of them are great replacements for the stock cooler.

If you want an AiO, the Arctic Liquid Freezer II series is one of the AiO performance kings and a great value pick.

All of these are great but Im wondering about ram clearance I’m running trident z Neo and have 2 sticks in the second and fourth slot I might stick to the NH-U12s just so the cooler doesn’t cover the ram. 

3 hours ago, Beanman said:

All of these are great but Im wondering about ram clearance I’m running trident z Neo and have 2 sticks in the second and fourth slot I might stick to the NH-U12s just so the cooler doesn’t cover the ram. 

The NH-U12A also has 100% ram compatability, but i think all the others overhang the ram.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

The NH-U12A also has 100% ram compatability, but i think all the others overhang the ram.

Okay thanks.