Q: GTX 760 2GB GV-N760WF2OC-2GD has VRAM slot, is it possible to add VRAM on it?

ZeAl963

Nope (atleast not easily). Also pretty dang sure it doesnt have a "vram slot".

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

There is no such thing,you can't upgrade your VRAM.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

21 minutes ago, DriftMan said:

Huh? Where's the VRAM slot?

Spoiler

1857-pcb-front.thumb.jpg.95414dd87b6a6e3abce5a34c0379fe12.jpg

Assume this is what hes talking about. And probably not op.

Some cards can have some vram added, but is not a simple process as it involves soddering and reballing memory modules that match the ones already in you card. And you also need a BIOS from the same model with the correct VRAM capacity for it to work.

Some GTX 770s had models with 2gb and 4gb of vram, so if you managed to find some memory chips and the PCB had the spots (and the traces) for it, it could be done. After that you just needed to flash a 4gb model BIOS on it.

Again, not a simple mod tho. Maybe some skilled repair shop can manage to do that for you.

In theory, maybe. 

In practicality, no. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

thank you for the replies,  learning by asking, 

these kinds of specific scenarios are very hard to find,

some people just like to tinker around.

please be gentle.

I think it would probably work and probably need a custom bios too, which may or may not exist (which you could always make one yourself if you're so inclined, provided you have the technical knowledge, it wouldn't be for me, I can barely do some hex edits to mod some games, but a bios mod... oof) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

There is this guy here in Brasil who runs a repair shop and does mods like that. He didn´t use a custom BIOS but rather a BIOS from a preexisting card in the market who had the needed amout of vRAM. But I agree that you would probably need to make a custom one depending on the card.

Its interesting/fun tho... Made me remember that even video cards ara basicaly some components put together with some software to coordenate it. With enough skill you can really change things around on it.