no wifi on all android devices?

The Torrent

My laptop via wifi, my ipad via wifi, my desktop via ethernet all work fine,

But android phones - nope.

My oneplus 7t pro says connected, no internet, a samsung a51 says connected, no internet, a samsung m30s says connected, no internet?

We got BT Infinity, whats going on??

Thanks

6 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

whats going on??

Is your network IPv6-enabled? Android, due to Google being asshats, doesn't support DHCPv6, only SLAAC, and that can cause issues with connectivity.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Is your network IPv6-enabled? Android, due to Google being asshats, doesn't support DHCPv6, only SLAAC, and that can cause issues with connectivity.

so i should disable this?

image.png.21a4c2174c410923d7e5a839c2a20a2d.png

its been working fine ages though its just today it stopped working.

Just now, The Torrent said:

so i should disable this?

You could try, but no guarantees that it'll help.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

You could try, but no guarantees that it'll help.

you know what i just realised, the only thing we have changed is we plugged a second router in (wan port) in the shed, and that was acting like a wireless access point? Could that have something to do with it?

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

you know what i just realised, the only thing we have changed is we plugged a second router in (wan port) in the shed, and that was acting like a wireless access point? Could that have something to do with it?

It's easy enough to test: turn it off, see what happens.

49 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It's easy enough to test: turn it off, see what happens.

Yep disconnecting that fixed it but how strange?? Any clue how to fix this issue?

29 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Yep disconnecting that fixed it but how strange?? Any clue how to fix this issue?

You'd have to explain your network-setup and how that router is connected.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

You'd have to explain your network-setup and how that router is connected.

bt infinity hub, and an ethernet cable going from the bt hub into a different router other side of the garden into its 'wan' port and that router works as an access point.

8 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

bt infinity hub, and an ethernet cable going from the bt hub into a different router other side of the garden into its 'wan' port and that router works as an access point.

Is the second router's IP-address on its LAN-interface the same as the first router's, like e.g. 192.168.1.1? If so, change it, like e.g. 192.168.1.2. That would probably fix it.

Another choice would be to configure it as a bridge. The specifics differ from router to router, but basically set a different static IP-address for it than the main one, then disable firewall, NAT and DHCP-server.

24 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Is the second router's IP-address on its LAN-interface the same as the first router's, like e.g. 192.168.1.1? If so, change it, like e.g. 192.168.1.2. That would probably fix it.

Another choice would be to configure it as a bridge. The specifics differ from router to router, but basically set a different static IP-address for it than the main one, then disable firewall, NAT and DHCP-server.

hmm ok so heres something strange

So it turns out, the router ethernet out was going to the second router and plugged into a normal ethernet port not the WAN, however wifi has been working fine. I'm assuming this was wrong none the less. 

So basically, now i plugged it into the wan port and ran some setup thing, and its asking about connection types etc, im assuming its PPPoe?? Its asking for a router username and password which google tells me to phone the ISP to find out.

Am i correct in what im doing?

10 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

So basically, now i plugged it into the wan port and ran some setup thing, and its asking about connection types etc, im assuming its PPPoe??

No, it'd be just straight DHCP. No PPPoE or anything like that.

14 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

No, it'd be just straight DHCP. No PPPoE or anything like that.

oh ok so i think i did it, and everything is working now,

except i can no longer (possibly ever?) connect to it? the ip no longer works since i put it into 'AP' mode and it told me to go to 'tendawifi.com' but that just doesn't work......