Low FPS despite my hardware

Cogotze

Hi, first of all, I'm sorry for my bad grammar, I´m not a native speaker.

I have a HP 15-dw2039la laptop. It has a 10gen i7-1065G7, 8Gb of ram 2666Hz with integrated graphics Iris Plus, and all my drivers are up to date.

It runs Minecraft at minimal settings at 75 FPS on a server and 60 FPS on my world, it also runs CSGO barely at 30 FPS with minimum settings.

I was wondering if those FPS are okay for my hardware, cause i was saving some money to buy a mouse but now i'm thinking about buying another 8Gb ram stick so my FPS can get better.

All i want to know is if those FPS are okay for my laptop, and if there aren't, what can i do to improve them.

Thanks y'all for helping.

Captura.PNG

It seems that your laptop's GPU is not powerful enough for gaming, I believe you should have at least a GTX 1050 for a good gaming experience. Your laptop is focused on office work rather than gaming. I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 with i5 9th gen CPU, 8GB RAM, and an Nvidia GTX 1650 GPU with 4GB VRAM, it manages to provide decent FPS(>60) in World of Tanks in ultra graphics.

I would say that's actually pretty good for integrated graphics... more ram won't change anything in this regard though. either be happy with what you have or get a laptop / pc with dedicated gpu, as said above 1050/ti minimum. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Kushagra_K said:

It seems that your laptop's GPU is not powerful enough for gaming, I believe you should have at least a GTX 1050 for a good gaming experience. Your laptop is focused on office work rather than gaming. I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 with i5 9th gen CPU, 8GB RAM, and an Nvidia GTX 1650 GPU with 4GB VRAM, it manages to provide decent FPS(>60) in World of Tanks in ultra graphics.

No, there are YouTube vids of people playing CS:GO on laptops with the same CPU and the integrated graphics as he has and getting 70-80fps. CS:GO will run on pretty potato graphics but it loooooves CPU.

The laptop in this video does have 16GB of RAM, and dual channel would definitely help, but I am skeptical it would take him from 30fps to ~80fps on its own. I think something else is going on. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

No, there are YouTube vids of people playing CS:GO on laptops with the same CPU and the integrated graphics as he has and getting 70-80fps. CS:GO will run on pretty potato graphics but it loooooves CPU.

The laptop in this video does have 16GB of RAM, and dual channel would definitely help, but I am skeptical it would take him from 30fps to ~80fps on its own. I think something else is going on. 

The problem with this is that not all games are optimized for potato hardware. Also, shared memory for CPU and GPU is much slower than VRAM for a dedicated GPU, so a memory upgrade will not improve FPS much.

Just now, Kushagra_K said:

The problem with this is that not all games are optimized for potato hardware. Also, shared memory for CPU and GPU is much slower than VRAM for a dedicated GPU, so a memory upgrade will not improve FPS much.

Bud, he specifically mentions he gets 30fps in CS:GO and I posted a video of CS:GO running on the same hardware at 70-80fps. Those of you just telling him "lol integrated graphics your laptop isn't for gaming" aren't paying attention or doing any research, frankly. His laptop certainly isn't much of a gaming machine but it should be able to handle CS:GO at least much better than the performance he's seeing. Something is wrong. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Bud, he specifically mentions he gets 30fps in CS:GO and I posted a video of CS:GO running on the same hardware at 70-80fps. Those of you just telling him "lol integrated graphics your laptop isn't for gaming" aren't paying attention or doing any research, frankly. His laptop certainly isn't much of a gaming machine but it should be able to handle CS:GO at least much better than the performance he's seeing. Something is wrong. 

The laptop might be facing thermal issues and the CPU might be thermal throttling. I hope he does not keep his laptop on the bed.