Is it ok if cpu fan is running at 5870 rpm?

ninjaboyxd629
Go to solution Solved by Jae Tee,
1 minute ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

i applied thermal paste 2 years ago should i reapply again? 

Can't hurt. They do go bad eventually, but you should be on the lookout for anything that may be obstructing airflow. Dust in a heatsink, ventilation holes being covered, stuff like that. 

my pc sucks so it often overheats and if it overheats my fan speed goes up to 5870 rpm max is it safe or not?

What fan are you using?! Most fans don't go anywhere near that fast. Do you know why it's overheating? Bad thermal paste?

It's possible that the fan speed is simply being read by your pc wrong as those speeds would sound like a jet.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

25 minutes ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

my pc sucks so it often overheats and if it overheats my fan speed goes up to 5870 rpm max is it safe or not?

"Blowymatron" fans spin at 11,000 fans, suck 4.5 amps, and are capable of cutting your finger.

And they're freaking loud.

A 5870 RPM fan would probably be too strong for your average motherboard fan header.

elephants

I don't believe for a moment your fan is running at 5870rpm, whatever tool you're using that says that is getting a bad reading. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I don't believe for a moment your fan is running at 5870rpm, whatever tool you're using that says that is getting a bad reading. 

its speedfan are you sure its a bad read? idk much about computers but i think its correct because its loud

16 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

What fan are you using?! Most fans don't go anywhere near that fast. Do you know why it's overheating? Bad thermal paste?

It's possible that the fan speed is simply being read by your pc wrong as those speeds would sound like a jet.

i applied thermal paste 2 years ago should i reapply again? im using a8 6600k stock cooler i have 8gb of ram so rams not the issue when overheating probably the case location because its not getting enough air i think

1 minute ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

i applied thermal paste 2 years ago should i reapply again? 

Can't hurt. They do go bad eventually, but you should be on the lookout for anything that may be obstructing airflow. Dust in a heatsink, ventilation holes being covered, stuff like that. 

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

3 minutes ago, ninjaboyxd629 said:

its speedfan are you sure its a bad read? idk much about computers but i think its correct because its loud

SpeedFan is a rather dated application. HWinfo64 is the best app of this type hands down IMO. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Jae Tee said:

thanks fixed it by removing dust on the cooler didnt know it will make a difference that big it runs on 4k rpm now and based on what i searched its normal for the fan to run 4k rpm