B550 bios update with cpu and ram installed

Nagai

Hi! I searched for similar posts but didn't find an answer. Can the bios of a board be updated with the cpu and ram installed?

Context: A friend wanted a new pc, so he asked me for help and we managed get a 5600x before it got out of stock and a msi b550 gaming plus, and told the seller to build the pc. But there are 2 problems, 1-we don't have a graphics card yet so the pc doesn't gives any image to the monitor, and 2- I don't know if the board is updated out of the box to atleast work. And well, the 2 one is the big one because right now we don't have the tools to disassembly the cooler. That's is why I wanted to know if a bios flas can be done with the cpu installed. 

Also, fun fact: in the hurry of thinking that I made my friend waste 900€ I tried to update the bios with everything installed(but I forgot the fact that we'll, no graphics card, no image) and the light in the board flashed as it should when trying to update but after a few seconds stopped, so i don't know if that means that it is updated or that it can't update until we take everything out of the board

Ps: my first time with a pc don't kill me pls xd. Also first post in the forum if this doesn't belong here tell me pls

50 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Yes, it can.

Love you man ❤️, i was having a heart attack over here, thanks for the fast reply.

ps: 10000% sure? I don’t want his new pc to blow up xd

Edited by Nagai

11 minutes ago, Nagai said:

Love you man ❤️, i was having a heart attack over here, thanks for the fast reply.

ps: 10000% sure? I don’t want his new pc to blow up xd

It won't.

I'm not 100% sure, but with BIOS flashback the BIOS flashing is processed with a little logic processor elsewhere on the board, ignoring the CPU.

elephants

25 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

It won't.

I'm not 100% sure, but with BIOS flashback the BIOS flashing is processed with a little logic processor elsewhere on the board, ignoring the CPU.

Ok! And again, thanks for the fast reply 

On 1/17/2021 at 11:44 PM, ragnarok0273 said:

It won't.

Im back! But with bad news 😞

The bios flash dind’t work even with a diferent usb. The red led that indicates that the bios is being flashed is blinking as it should but instead of taking 5-10 minutes it goes for ever and it never updates sooooo F.

I see what info i can find about this.

I also have a doubt, we finally got the gpu, but the pc doesn’t gives any image at all, shoul it at least let me enter in an older version of the bios or something?