AURA Sync with Cooler Master Masterfan Pro RGB Controller

Stixpyro

Hi everyone,

I upgraded my case so I had more rgb fans inside but I still have an old motherboard that doesn’t have an rgb connector. I also bought a cooler master rgb controller because it said it was compatible with Aura sync which I already have because I have an ROG Strix 1080Ti. The problem I now have is that I don’t know how to setup these fans in aura sync or another software with which I can control both my gpu and fans. Anyone who has experience with this stuff?

Thanks already :)

Well, you have made crucial mistake by not researching things before buying. Aura Sync, and other motherboard-side RGB controls require motherboard to support them. Or you need to buy controller with USB connection that would enable such. You have bought CoolerMaster controller which is compatible with Asus motherboards. Whereas Asus Aura Terminal would have been the one giving any motherboard Aura Sync capabilities.

Pretty much any controller with USB will use that controllers own software only. I think Corsair and Razer support motherboards software too. But I'm not aware of others.

Your GPU might be able to be used as Aura Sync device by itself, I'm not sure how that exactly works.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv