16 gb 8 gb is hardware reserved

Zealously
Go to solution Solved by Lord Sephington,

Hardware reserved memory usually points to either faulty ram stick or faulty ram slot on motherboard, i have suffered with this with my own system in the past, i run asus prime b450 plus, ryzen 7 2700 and now 32gb ddr4 2666. when i bought my 1st kit of corsair vengeance ram (2x 8gb sticks) i had this same issue and it turned out to be a DOA ram stick, sent kit back got replacement and everything worked fine after that,

my suggestion is to swap ram stick into other slots and see if it helps, if not try booting with just 1 stick in at a time to narrow down if it is a faulty stick or slot.

hope this helps.

Half of my ram is hardware reserved i have tried things like reinstalling windows resetting bios settings and updating bios. Bios says that there is only 8gb of ram cpuz and hwinfo says that there is 16 gb of ram running in dual channel any suggestions?

Edit: i ran some memory tests it didn't give me any errors 

Is this a laptop or a desktop?

Do you have an integrated GPU that uses system memory?

Have you physically opened the system and checked how much memory you have?

1 hour ago, Exidor said:

Is this a laptop or a desktop?

Do you have an integrated GPU that uses system memory?

Have you physically opened the system and checked how much memory you have?

i have a msi b450m a pro max 

i have a ryzen 7 2700 that doesn't have a integrated gpu 

i have 2 memory sticks installed 

Hardware reserved memory usually points to either faulty ram stick or faulty ram slot on motherboard, i have suffered with this with my own system in the past, i run asus prime b450 plus, ryzen 7 2700 and now 32gb ddr4 2666. when i bought my 1st kit of corsair vengeance ram (2x 8gb sticks) i had this same issue and it turned out to be a DOA ram stick, sent kit back got replacement and everything worked fine after that,

my suggestion is to swap ram stick into other slots and see if it helps, if not try booting with just 1 stick in at a time to narrow down if it is a faulty stick or slot.

hope this helps.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

1 hour ago, Lord Sephington said:

hope this helps.

The motherboard only has 2 slots I'll try booting with 1 stick in at a time I'll also look if there is any dust in the slots i also did some cable management I'll try to put things back and see if anything happens 

13 hours ago, Lord Sephington said:

hope this helps.

I swapped the sticks and there was dust on and in the slots i cleaned it and now everything is back to normal thanks for the tips:)

9 hours ago, Zealously said:

I swapped the sticks and there was dust on and in the slots i cleaned it and now everything is back to normal thanks for the tips:)

Im glad you were able to get sorted in the end, and also that you didnt have to replace ram/motherboard 😄

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

4 hours ago, Lord Sephington said:

Im glad you were able to get sorted in the end, and also that you didnt have to replace ram/motherboard 😄

Well thanks to you I didn't have to send the motherboard and ram