Program to rip DVD's and turn them to ISO's.

I have a few DVD's that I want to rip to my PC so I can access them easily rather than having to get my external dvd drive every time I need to use a DVD and have to deal with how slow it is. I know handbrake can do that but I'm not sure how well it handles DRM and I'm not sure whether the DVD's I have, have DRM and I don't think it's capable of ripping anything else other than video.

if its not video use isocreator.https://sourceforge.net/projects/iso-creator-cs/

it worked for me, when i ripped my did's old games ohe had on disk,

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

poweriso 

been using it for years and strongly recommend it

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

MakeMKV or DVD Decrypter.  

Simple and easy to use*.

*for legal purposes only

Main Computer: CPU - Ryzen 5 5900x Cooler - NZXT Kraken x53  RAM - 32GB Corsairsrair Vengeance Pro GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Case - Lian Li LanCool II RGB (White) Storage - 1TB Inland Premium M.2 SSD and 2x WD 2TB Black.

Backup Computer: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler - CoolerMaster ML240 V2 RAM - 32GB G.Skill RipJaws GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE Case - Cougar QBX Storage - 500GB WD Black M.2 SSD 

9 minutes ago, TargetDron3 said:

MakeMKV or DVD Decrypter.  

Simple and easy to use*.

*for legal purposes only

You didn't read half of the OP it seems. They aren't looking for ripping video files, but just making ISO which can be used with virtual drive.

I've been using UltraISO in past. But it has been couple of years since I ripped Win7 installer for USB with it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

23 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You didn't read half of the OP it seems. They aren't looking for ripping video files, but just making ISO which can be used with virtual drive.

I've been using UltraISO in past. But it has been couple of years since I ripped Win7 installer for USB with it.

I read the whole thing.  He wants to RIP the DVDs.  RIPPING means extracting the video files.  Other people were talking about ISOs.  

I have a few DVD's that I want to rip to my PC so I can access them easily rather than having to get my external dvd drive every time I need to use a DVD and have to deal with how slow it is. I know handbrake can do that but I'm not sure how well it handles DRM and I'm not sure whether the DVD's I have, have DRM and I don't think it's capable of ripping anything else other than video.

DRM = Digital Rights Management is for copy protecting DVD so data or video can't be copied.  If these DVDs contained excel files and word files, there wouldn't be DRM requiring ripping a disk.  If it's an application/game, 

Why mention Handbrake if you are not dealing with Video VOB files?  

If you want the best ISO tool, look for a copy of Alex Feinman ISO recorder.  It's a simple tool written by a at the time Microsoft employee that simply createsa context menu to right click and create an ISO from the drive.

It's been around for a loooong time and is simple to use and doesn't have a bunch of clutter and BS with it. 

Main Computer: CPU - Ryzen 5 5900x Cooler - NZXT Kraken x53  RAM - 32GB Corsairsrair Vengeance Pro GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Case - Lian Li LanCool II RGB (White) Storage - 1TB Inland Premium M.2 SSD and 2x WD 2TB Black.

Backup Computer: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler - CoolerMaster ML240 V2 RAM - 32GB G.Skill RipJaws GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE Case - Cougar QBX Storage - 500GB WD Black M.2 SSD 

2 hours ago, TargetDron3 said:

I read the whole thing.  He wants to RIP the DVDs.  RIPPING means extracting the video files.  Other people were talking about ISOs.  

DRM = Digital Rights Management is for copy protecting DVD so data or video can't be copied.  If these DVDs contained excel files and word files, there wouldn't be DRM requiring ripping a disk.  If it's an application/game, 

Why mention Handbrake if you are not dealing with Video VOB files?  

If you want the best ISO tool, look for a copy of Alex Feinman ISO recorder.  It's a simple tool written by a at the time Microsoft employee that simply createsa context menu to right click and create an ISO from the drive.

It's been around for a loooong time and is simple to use and doesn't have a bunch of clutter and BS with it. 

Title...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, TargetDron3 said:

I read the whole thing.

You clearly didn't...

I know handbrake can do that but I'm not sure how well it handles DRM and I'm not sure whether the DVD's I have, have DRM and I don't think it's capable of ripping anything else other than video.

He wants to RIP the DVDs.  RIPPING means extracting the video files.  Other people were talking about ISOs.

Arguing semantics much? So OP doesn't know the difference between the terms dump and rip, its still clear what they were trying to achieve.

17 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

You're going to struggle with this one. Most commercial DVDs have some kind of DRM and while software exists to bypass this pretty easily I'm not sure if it will work when trying to dump the entire disc to an image, AFAIK most of them are intended to be used when ripping the movie files to your HDD.

You do realise that by going with ISOs your effectively quadrupling the size of your library for almost no gain in quality, right? On average a good quality DVD Rip for an average length movie is 800 - 900MB where as a DVD ISO is 4.2GB.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

You do realise that by going with ISOs your effectively quadrupling the size of your library for almost no gain in quality, right? On average a good quality DVD Rip for an average length movie is 800 - 900MB where as a DVD ISO is 4.2GB.

Why would that happen? I've created a a few DVD iso's and they're not 4.7GB.

I can also create a Blu Ray Quad Layer Disk and not have it be 128gb.

Even so, that doesn't matter anyway, I'm just looking to put the PC games I have on disc and about 2 movies and store them conveniently, I don't mind since I'm doing this with like 10 discs at most, and most of the pc games are CD-Rom's

11 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Why would that happen? I've created a a few DVD iso's and they're not 4.7GB.

I can also create a Blu Ray Quad Layer Disk and not have it be 128gb.

Even so, that doesn't matter anyway, I'm just looking to put the PC games I have on disc and about 2 movies and store them conveniently, I don't mind since I'm doing this with like 10 discs at most, and most of the pc games are CD-Rom's

Because of the difference between a data DVD and a commercial movie DVD. Movie DVDs contains lots of extras like deleted scenes, different language audio tracks, commentary and trailers for other movies. In most cases they would try to use up as much space on the disc as they could and by dumping to an ISO you're taking all the superfluous data with the main movie. Plus DVD VOB files are nowhere near as compressed as an X264/H264/HEVC rip would be. Finally it adds additional complexity to playing the movies back, you have to mount the ISO, launch it in something that supports DVD playback, navigate the menus etc etc, if you rip to a file you simply double click the file and it plays in your default player.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with storing movie DVDs as ISOs if that's what you want to do, it just not usually the way its done.

Game DVDs will need to be dumped to an ISO always.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Because of the difference between a data DVD and a commercial movie DVD. Movie DVDs contains lots of extras like deleted scenes, different language audio tracks, commentary and trailers for other movies. In most cases they would try to use up as much space on the disc as they could and by dumping to an ISO you're taking all the superfluous data with the main movie. Plus DVD VOB files are nowhere near as compressed as an X264/H264/HEVC rip would be. Finally it adds additional complexity to playing the movies back, you have to mount the ISO, launch it in something that supports DVD playback, navigate the menus etc etc, if you rip to a file you simply double click the file and it plays in your default player.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with storing movie DVDs as ISOs if that's what you want to do, it just not usually the way its done.

Game DVDs will need to be ripped to an ISO always.

Good to know but by doing this will the interactive stuff of the CD/DVD be kept like menu's and other stuff? Or just the video files?

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

Good to know but by doing this will the interactive stuff of the CD/DVD be kept like menu's and other stuff? Or just the video files?

Dumping to ISO = everything on the disc is still there including menus and extras.

Ripping to a file = You get just the movie (though you can totally rip the extra content if you want) and you lose the menus.

9 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Also like I said earlier, I'm not sure if DVD decrpyters work at all when trying to take a full ISO dump, you'd have to test it out and see if the dump failed or not. Its even possible the dump will finish but when you try to play the DVD back the DRM will kick in and block you from watching.