pieces falling of yoga 2 pro

Hey friends.

As you can see my not so much used yoga wore off and these rubber pieces started to fell off the laptop.

And this so frustrates me and my OCD I want to make it like it was before this.

Can I somehow remake the rubber maybe use liquid sillicone?

20210117_145640.jpg

20210117_145753.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Not much to do about it. Your rubber is rotting as is normal for it to do. Basically everyone with that laptop has had it already or is having it now

5 minutes ago, frozensun said:

not so much used

Maybe not so much used, but surely abused, those corners are smashed to bits 🙄

Some sugru maybe?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I can only find liquid sillicone here in a tube,can I try with that,and somehow make the missing pieces with that sillicone?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Actually I have spare yoga 2 pro and that bottom case,asked techinican, but switching all the parts to that casing takes him a lot of time and he refused it.

My sister Yoga 2 13 (non pro) also has it's rubber failing off. Worse is that the rubber stains surfaces it falls onto. There is an antenna embedded behind the rubber. Otherwise I would just remove the rubber. 

• 3 months later...

Guys can I use liquid rubber to cover the missing pieces over these holes?

• 1 month later...

IMG-20210614-073100.jpg
IMG-20210614-073115.jpg
IMG-20210614-073144.jpg
IMG-20210614-073312.jpg

So to answer again. This laptop is pretty much effed as the rubber has started rubber reversion and there is not really any way to properly save it. Applying more rubber won't help as all the pieces will then just fall into the laptop.

This laptop is currently dying from a KNOWN thing rubber will ALWAYS do. So next time avoid anything with a rubber coating like the plague.