Asus Gaming laptop suddenly stopped charging

pcloverbutnomoney

I have this laptop for two years now, recently it started to shut down as soon as I remove the charging adapter. Also it doesn't turn on unless I connect the AC adapter. I checked the hardware monitor and below attached the state of the battery.

image.thumb.png.a4c56c03cddf24791333b386b3271fcc.png

It is never hitting 100% charged state tho. I don't know is this a bios/firmware issue or battery issue itself. But it was perfectly fine days ago. Any help would be appreciated much.

4 minutes ago, pcloverbutnomoney said:

I checked the hardware monitor and below attached the state of the battery.

If the reported values for designed capacity and fully-charged capacity are even remotely close, that means your battery is a goner and should be replaced.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Sheesh, yeah, that battery is toast. Replace it and you should be good to go.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

The battery isn't holding a charge anymore. Surprised you got even 2 years from the battery anyway. You can see its not charging anywhere to the designed capacity anymore. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 hours ago, SpiderMan said:

The battery isn't holding a charge anymore. Surprised you got even 2 years from the battery anyway. You can see its not charging anywhere to the designed capacity anymore. 

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Sheesh, yeah, that battery is toast. Replace it and you should be good to go.

3 hours ago, WereCatf said:

If the reported values for designed capacity and fully-charged capacity are even remotely close, that means your battery is a goner and should be replaced.

OK, I think this is due to the fact that I plugged in with AC adapter all the time. Anyways if I replace the battery how can I protect it from dying lot sooner. I usually plugged in with AC adapter all the time and battery is only when I move on or power goes out. So how can I protect it in that case? Is it worth using asus battery tool which stops charging 70 or 80%.

26 minutes ago, pcloverbutnomoney said:

Is it worth using asus battery tool which stops charging 70 or 80%.

I have that feature set to "on" on my MSI laptop. I think its a great feature and charging to 100% on a battery wears it out faster. 80-90% is where you should charge and start charging when it drops down to 20%. Keep it on the charger when you are doing demanding tasks like games/CAD/rendering as such.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"