ASUS TUF FX504 Ram upgrade: I want to add ram to it and was wondering if my laptop power supply can handle it?

ASUS TUF FX504

• Intel® Core™ i7 8750H Processor,
  • 8 GB DDR4 2666MHz SDRAM SK Hynix,
  • 9.62cm(15.6) (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920x1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare IPS-level Panel with 45% NTSC
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050TI , with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
  • Hard drive: 1TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD (FireCuda)
  • Solid state drive: 128GB NVMe PCIe® Gen3 SSD
  • 3 -Cell 48 Wh Battery
  • Power Adapter Plug type :ø5.5 (mm) Output : 19 V DC, 6.3 A, 120 W Input : 100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal

I want to add an additional 8gb ram to it and was wondering if my laptop power supply can handle it
This model:
Crucial CT8G4SFS8266 8GB DDR4 PC4-21300 CL-19 2666 MT/s SODIMM RAM

One of my friends has a same laptop but with gtx1060 and when he upgraded his ram after a few days his cpu and gpu had various issues like overheating and needed replacement . I dont know if these are correlated events . Can someone guide me on this. is it safe to upgrade? will the power supply be enough?

I would find the spec sheet for your laptop on the manufacturers website and see whether the upgrade is compatiable. I wouldn't have thought adding an extra stick of ram would cause issues like that unless the ram was faulty and was causing large current draw or something. Best to make sure its compatiable first and then you should be fine. Ram doesn't draw alot of power anyway.

The manufacture says one can use SODIMM Ram for expansion up to 32GB. , also checked using "Crucial® System Scanner" . I hope I should be fine as both (Original and the new one for dual channel) my rams are SODIMM and have similar specs (clock frequency etc.).