Red CPU light on motherboard no display

JRN04

Telling the full story even though it might have nothing to do with it.

So basically I got my new asus vg249q1r monitor yesterday and so I tried overclocking it. I got it to 175hz but when I rebooted my system it said that it couldn't reach the 175hz so it was impossible for me to boot up windows, So I asked my friend for some help, he told me to take out the cmos battery and launch again (might be important later). I did and nothing changed so I basically gave up and this morning I started trying to fix it again. I took an old monitor and plugged it in my pc. then I turned my monitor back to 165hz and it was working again. And I totally forgot to put the cmos battery back in. After I completely turned offt the system and made sure there was no juice left I put the CMOS battery back into my system and for some reason it wouldn't launch after trying multiple methods like reinstalling the RAM, checking if my cables were all plugged in correctly and trying to reset the bios again I noticed that there was a red led next to cpu. I looked thru multiple forums for any sollutions and many said that it was the PSU. But I don't think it's the psu cause all the fans are still running and the LED's are still working fine. 

Please help me out.

tried reseating the RAM? or CPU (be carreful while reseating the CPU)

you can try clearing CMOS too. by jumping the pins instead of taking out the batteries

clearing CMOS doesnt help with monitor OC btw, it's more of software thing, means it's on the OS side, not bios

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I already reseated the cpu, applied new thermal paste and also tried switching the RAM or using only one. It didn't change a thing.