Fractal Design Meshify C: Locating Additional (3rd) 3.5" Hard Drive?

TophatFire
Go to solution Solved by Middcore,

That's the bottom of the PSU enclosure at the front, where the removable 2x3.5" cage goes. I don't think it's so much an additional 3.5" area as it's an alternative one - you can put a single 3.5" drive there screwed directly to the case floor if you aren't using the included cage. Fractal's specs for the case only say it supports up to two 3.5" drives, not three. 

I fell like this is probably something obvious that I'm just overlooking, but I can't figure it out so I figure it's time to ask for help.

Background: bought Meshify C for my new personal build, nominally supposedly supports up to 3 3.5" drives. Got my 2 RAID 1 drives installed in the included cage with no problem, though mildly annoyed that it was not a tool-less installation but whatever. But although the case supposedly can take 3 drives, I can't FOR THE LIFE OF ME figure out where the mounting point for that 3rd drive is supposed to be. Not to mention that the hardware for doing such doesn't seem to actually be included (only 8 screws provided), but I could probably get away just mounting some with 2 screws each or something.

Relevant snip of Fractal's case user guide attached, but I can't tell if that's the front, top, or back of the case, or else just the top of the PSU enclosure. Can't get enough context clues from the diagram to orient myself.

Anyone familiar enough with this case to help clue me in?

spacer.png

That's the bottom of the PSU enclosure at the front, where the removable 2x3.5" cage goes. I don't think it's so much an additional 3.5" area as it's an alternative one - you can put a single 3.5" drive there screwed directly to the case floor if you aren't using the included cage. Fractal's specs for the case only say it supports up to two 3.5" drives, not three. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 hours ago, Middcore said:

Ah crap. Thanks. Yeah, I knew the spec just said 2 but when I saw that in the guide I got optimistic and thought I had room for a 3rd.