Any way to limit desktop audio's maximum volume?

Cyberspirit

I might be wording this wrong but I'm curious if there's a way to limit how loud audio can be on my desktop.

My issue is that I have my Windows master volume turned up to 70% for Spotify but everything else is usually at 5-20%. However, when something new opens up, it defaults to 70% and just absolutely blasts my ears if I forget to mute it.

So, is there any way to either limit how loud something can go or maybe to make it so new things default to like 5% instead?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Settings > Sounds > Advanced sound options: App volume and device preferences.

you do have to set each program at least once but it "should" save it after you close and reopen.

Otherwise for shits and giggles you can get a small mixer and another USB sound card and route spotify through 1 device and everything else through the other

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

11 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Settings > Sounds > Advanced sound options: App volume and device preferences.

you do have to set each program at least once but it "should" save it after you close and reopen.

Otherwise for shits and giggles you can get a small mixer and another USB sound card and route spotify through 1 device and everything else through the other

Had some apps reset back to 100% lately and this solved that issue so thanks but I was thinking if there was a way to just make it so something new either defaults to a lower volume or if I could limit the peak volume with software so it wouldn't blast my ears.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.