What drivers do I need for windows 7

Helpful Tech Witch

I'm installing Windows 7 on a spare drive to overclock my old HD serries gpu, and I need drivers for the install. 

What drivers is windows installer talking about? Which ones do I absolutely need?

I have:

B250m bazooka

I5 7400

2x8gb ddr4 2400 Cl17

Radeon HD3650 (I think, even gpuz isn't sure)

Various drives

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

recommend at least the Bios update and the chipset driver

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B250M-BAZOOKA#down-driver&Win7 64

Catalyst 13.9 for win 7 64bit should get you up and running. What do you plan on using to overclock it? I don't know of anything but the catalyst built in utility still supporting that old of a card

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/ati-radeon-hd-3000-series/ati-radeon-hd-3650

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Everything motherboard support page has, GPU driver, drivers for peripherals if you have anything more than basic stuff.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Catalyst 13.9 for win 7 64bit should get you up and running. What do you plan on using to overclock it? I don't know of anything but the catalyst built in utility still supporting that old of a card

I believe msiab would work, no? I used it on a mobile HD 3200, and it was fine

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Everything motherboard support page has, GPU driver, drivers for peripherals if you have anything more than basic stuff.

10 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

recommend at least the Bios update and the chipset driver

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B250M-BAZOOKA#down-driver&Win7 64

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/ati-radeon-hd-3000-series/ati-radeon-hd-3650

Windows says that none of the drivers are recognised, even if I show it the directory

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Windows says that none of the drivers are recognised, even if I show it the directory

What? Are you trying to do it from device manager? Just launch then from .exe or .msi files. Blunt question, but is Win10 your first Windows?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

What? Are you trying to do it from device manager? Just launch then from .exe or .msi files. Blunt question, but is Win10 your first Windows?

No, windows wont install without device drivers. It just wont. 

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Win10 your first Windows?

ish. I ve never installed windows 7, just 10. But ive used 7 and installed drivers.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

This is what I get.

image.thumb.jpg.c5f47ec45166385ede1a91c7c380d0be.jpg

Then This when I show it the drivers

image.thumb.jpg.989d2057a1c5b64f4aa0bbda4d362c8c.jpg

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

No, windows wont install without device drivers. It just wont. 

ish. I ve never installed windows 7, just 10. But ive used 7 and installed drivers.

Ah, so your hardware is too new. Sorry, I don't have direct info, but you need to inject USB and/or SATA drivers to installer. Or something along those lines. There are topics about it on forums.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

This is what I get.

Then This when I show it the drivers

so this is for the install of windows not after installing windows looking for drivers for devices. 

you shouldn't need a driver to install windows unless you are using a Raid card or SAS card. the DVD you are using to install win7 is loading as you are in the windows installer. 

do your drives show up as selectable after the windows logo during the installer? 

12 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

your drives show up as selectable after the windows logo during the installer? 

Yes, I can browse the drives for the drivers. That's about all I can do with the installer.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Um..... That's windows 10. And like I said, I can browse the drives for the drivers, but I can't find the required drivers to continue.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Um..... That's windows 10. And like I said, I can browse the drives for the drivers, but I can't find the required drivers to continue.

You don't need a raid driver to install windows. 

The installation process and troubleshooting a missing drive is identical between win 7,8,10

2 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

You don't need a raid driver to install windows. 

The installation process and troubleshooting a missing drive is identical between win 7,8,10

No, I can't install without a driver. I don't know what it is. But it's not a missing drive. It's a missing device driver (see photos)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

No, I can't install without a driver. I don't know what it is. But it's not a missing drive. It's a missing device driver (see photos)

Looking at the photos doesn't help at all, the installer wouldn't load if you were missing a driver for the cd/dvd drive it's running on, if you are installing from a usb drive it doesn't require a driver at all. After over 100 win7 installs I am certain that window only appears if the installer cannot find a disk to install to. 

Thus the link I posted to fix the drive not found issue (again win 10 and win 7 process for this is identical which you would have seen past the title)