Could someone help me make a part list?

Rylyguy

Budget (including currency): 1500-1700 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: rocket league, csgo, Cold War, forza, the forest, streaming ,light video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): no peripherals, in a few months, 1080p 240hz, it’s for a friend so I’m having to go back and forth. 

I'm gonna tell you right now, the issue is there is no GPUs... 

When does he want to build this? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I'm gonna tell you right now, the issue is there is no GPUs... 

When does he want to build this? 

He’s not in a huge rush. I told him you prices are crazy and it’s really hard to get the new gpus. He says in probably 3-4 months. Maybe a little longer if need be. 

4 minutes ago, Rylyguy said:

He’s not in a huge rush. I told him you prices are crazy and it’s really hard to get the new gpus. He says in probably 3-4 months. Maybe a little longer if need be. 

Oh alright. Here's something I put together that I think is reasonably powerful enough for 1080p /240hz for a while to come. Just have to replace the GPU to whatever is available and within budget, but it shouldn't be anything less than 3060ti level tbh. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Oh alright. Here's something I put together that I think is reasonably powerful enough for 1080p /240hz for a while to come. Just have to replace the GPU to whatever is available and within budget, but it shouldn't be anything less than 3060ti level tbh. 

Thank you so much

This build should be quite a bit better than the above one, I chose non-RGB ram since the CPU cooler would cover it anyways, and got faster speeds and latency because of that, 5600x > 3700x for gaming and light productivity, ATX motherboard for ATX case, faster NVME storage compared to SSD, same 3070, different case - this is mostly personal preference, probably the one thing that could be changed, a more fitting 750 W PSU, and 5 extra fans for front intake and rear exhaust. Please do not buy a Windows 10 key for $100+, you can find them at <$30 easily on the web. Also, please be patient, and wait for all of the parts to come in at MSRP.

19 hours ago, js5836 said:

This build should be quite a bit better than the above one, I chose non-RGB ram since the CPU cooler would cover it anyways, and got faster speeds and latency because of that, 5600x > 3700x for gaming and light productivity, ATX motherboard for ATX case, faster NVME storage compared to SSD, same 3070, different case - this is mostly personal preference, probably the one thing that could be changed, a more fitting 750 W PSU, and 5 extra fans for front intake and rear exhaust. Please do not buy a Windows 10 key for $100+, you can find them at <$30 easily on the web. Also, please be patient, and wait for all of the parts to come in at MSRP.

It says that that mobo may need a bios update before supporting the new cpu. So wouldn’t he have to get another cpu just to do the update. 

1 hour ago, Rylyguy said:

It says that that mobo may need a bios update before supporting the new cpu. So wouldn’t he have to get another cpu just to do the update. 

If he is buying in April like you said, the updated bios should already be pre installed on the board, but otherwise, the motherboard has a flash bios feature which lets you update the bios without an old CPU. Your friend should be fine without an old CPU.