Monitor Turned off but PC fan/LEDs still running after Windows update 20H2

Profite

I don't know a lot about computers so a friend of mine helped me piece this together but he couldn't help me with this.

So, my pc started acting up after I downloaded Armoury Crate to control the lighting on my CPU fan. I use iCUE for my fans & ram sticks but my motherboard is from ASUS so I wanted to change the color on it too with armoury crate.

After a couple weeks I started up my PC and my programs I listed to boot up when the PC turns on wouldn't load up after starting my PC. I decided to remove ArmouryCrate and all it's programs it came with. While im posting this it only happened once.

All the Armoury Crate Programs it came with:

- ASUS Framework Service

- ASUS Motherboard

- AURA lighting effect add-on

- AURA lighting effect add-on x64

- AURA Service

- Patriot Viper DRAM RGB

- Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB

- Universal Holtek RGB DRAM

So a day later I decided to update my Windows. Boot up my PC and while watching a youtube video with multiple tabs open, my monitor went black, audio turns off but the LEDs inmy PC and fans are still running. Idk if it was the Windows update or the whole armoury crate thing that caused this. What do I do? Or what could be the cause of this?

These are my specs:

Windows 10 64x

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

CORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB 3x RGB fan 

Asus RoG Strix B450-F GAMING

Kingston A2000 500 GB x2

Cooler Master MWE Bronze 750 V2 PSU

Corsair Vengeance CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6gb

the cultprit is most likely the armoury crate because i hear some people saying that armoury crate is sketchy...
not sure but i would try reinstalling windows
wia thow is it exactly, are you booting into windows or not?
Edit: oh yes, then it must be a faulty gpu driver
did you try dduing?

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Armoury Crate seems fine for me.

It hasn't killed my Windows install, which is very picky (if you do even something slightly wrong, poof! Reinstall time!), so I give it an A.

elephants

... it's a bit unclear what you mean... 

You don't get a picture at all anymore, or it only happened once while updating.? 

Can you boot into windows? 

what happens if you turn the pc on, exactly? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

You don't get a picture at all anymore, or it only happened once while updating.? 

his pc posts but he doesnt get any screen output, he needs to try booting into safe mode and reinstalling disaply drivers...

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

17 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

his pc posts but he doesnt get any screen output, he needs to try booting into safe mode and reinstalling disaply drivers...

yeah i mean that is the most likely scenario, I agree, I just wasn't sure... 

Either display drivers or reset CMOS if that doesn't work I guess 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

My monitor went black and my LEDs inmy PC were still running. I tried turning off my PC by clicking on the power button but that didn't work so I turned off my power supply and clicked it on again and now im here but I can boot in to windows. If I turn onmy PC everything works fine so I can't really pin point what the issue was/is

2 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Armoury Crate seems fine for me.

It hasn't killed my Windows install, which is very picky (if you do even something slightly wrong, poof! Reinstall time!), so I give it an A.

I used iCEU and ArmouryCrate at the same time and idk if they run well together frommy expirience so idk

2 hours ago, GorujoCY said:

the cultprit is most likely the armoury crate because i hear some people saying that armoury crate is sketchy...
not sure but i would try reinstalling windows
wia thow is it exactly, are you booting into windows or not?
Edit: oh yes, then it must be a faulty gpu driver
did you try dduing?

yes i'm booting into Windows. It was just random that it happened but I'll keep it in mind to ddui im not 100% sure if that's the issue though

those are definitely programs known to make many issues, running them both together is probably not the best idea.

PS: also just for the future, never turn off a pc while it's updating, also if it's otherwise crashed hold the power button for a few seconds which will turn it off, do *not* just flip the switch of the PSU as that isn't a proper shut down, more like a power outage...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 minutes ago, Profite said:

I used iCEU and ArmouryCrate at the same time and idk if they run well together frommy expirience so idk

I only have Armoury Crate because the only RGB thing I have is the lights on my motherboard.

I'm modding a fan to make it RGB though via a 4-pin 12v connector though.

elephants

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

those are definitely programs known to make many issues, running them both together is probably not the best idea.

PS: also just for the future, never turn off a pc while it's updating, also if it's otherwise crashed hold the power button for a few seconds which will turn it off, do *not* just flip the switch of the PSU as that isn't a proper shut down, more like a power outage...

I get what you're saying but my situation was different. I updated my PC and a couple hours later my monitor went black but my fans/LEDs were still running. I couldn't turn off my PC by holding the power button so I had to flip the switch on the PSU to restart my PC.

I see... yeah it still wasn't quite clear to me, it is now though, and yeah sometimes you may have no other option true... but then obviously something  must have gone really wrong... 

I mean idk either what exactly the issue is or how to fix it, still I'd remove both of those programs and maybe DDU the drivers so the system is a bit more "cleaner" and maybe that'd fix the issues. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity