Pcie slot completely came off of motherboard

Hey guys, I’m kind of in a nightmare situation. I was cleaning my case and my GPU completely fell out of the pcie slot, taking the plastic insert with it. Now I am stuck with exposed metal pins and no way to re-attach the plastic slot. Before I order a new motherboard, I decided to test my GPU in another slot, but am getting no display output. Anyone have any tips? 

4802B481-14C5-43A5-A268-DF53D67802DC.jpeg

9519EE0D-3A8C-45E2-A464-17E5DCA0D8DA.jpeg

Edited by VanillaKilla7
Adding photos

Welcome to the forums!!!

Can you try and reattach that PCIe plastic slot back through all the pins on the motherboard end?? Pictures would be helpful in helping you.

15 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Also, did you not screw your GPU in or something?

Does sound like that was the case here.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

25 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Can you take a picture?
Also, did you not screw your GPU in or something?

I had it screwed in but removed to clean dust, turned around after seating it inside the pcie slot to grab the screw and then it fell. Sad day. Will grab some pics right now

10 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

Can you try and reattach that PCIe plastic slot back through all the pins on the motherboard end?? Pictures would be helpful in helping you.

Does sound like that was the case here.

Absolutely was the case, going to update with photos