New gaming PC Build for£1000

Stevo007

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Dear team can you help me I'm new to PC gaming can you please help be build a AMD gaming PC for £1000 budget  it needs to run AAA games well.

I have being looing at prebuild PC like HP, Dell  etc. is there a better way.

I'm a big fan for this LTT and trust the advice the team give. 

any help would be helpful   

1 minute ago, Stevo007 said:

The LTT staff usually don't comment on posted threads, but there's lots of nice forum members who will help.

I'd go with a 5600X, a decent B550 board, 16GB of 3600 CL16 RAM, and a 3060 Ti if you can find one for MSRP for core components.
Not sure about power supply, storage, case, cooling, etc.

elephants

9 minutes ago, Stevo007 said:

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Dear team can you help me I'm new to PC gaming can you please help be build a AMD gaming PC for £1000 budget  it needs to run AAA games well.

I have being looing at prebuild PC like HP, Dell  etc. is there a better way.

any help would be helpful   

If your buying now, then used parts or buying a prebuilt is the way too go.

if you buying in a couple months, then building is a great option.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

The LTT staff usually don't comment on posted threads, but there's lots of nice forum members who will help.

I'd go with a 5600X, a decent B550 board, 16GB of 3600 CL16 RAM, and a 3060 Ti if you can find one for MSRP for core components.
Not sure about power supply, storage, case, cooling, etc.

Yep I agree. Getting a GPU for the right price is hard at the moment, I would suggest getting something like a 970 or 1060 on ebay as a placeholder, and getting something better when they become more avainable and selling the old card on.

At that kind of budget, a 1tb nvme drive like the kingston a2000 or crucial p1 are good options. 

I would entierly reccomend a cooler, I have a hyper 212 RGB on my r5 2600 and it doesnt get over 38c.

If a 5600x pushes the budget a bit, as they are kinda hard to get, then a 3600x is still a good choice.

A good 500w PSU is a must

As for cases, it really depends on preferance. I have a corsair 220t and its amazing, although you do have to watch that your GPU is >280mm in a small form factor case

Your best bet is to get second hand RAM on ebay, and maybe a 3600x if youre looking to save some money. If you get a new GPU at retail then awesome but second hand GPUs arnt a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Stevo007 said:

thank you so much for taking the time to build me a spec i will use this.

steve  

Don’t. The case isn’t that great and the PSU isn’t good.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

On 1/17/2021 at 1:39 PM, Downkey said:

Don’t. The case isn’t that great and the PSU isn’t good.

I have the 220t myself, and its amazing, and the 275r isnt that much differant, appart from it allows for bigger cards.

The PSU is a 500w gold? Whats wrong with that?

13 hours ago, greekninjahamster said:

I have the 220t myself, and its amazing, and the 275r isnt that much differant, appart from it allows for bigger cards.

The PSU is a 500w gold? Whats wrong with that?

The 275R is an okay but there are cases such as the P400A D, which are similar and price, but the P400A D is much better overall.

Also just because a PSU is 80+ Gold doesn't make it a good PSU, that makes it have good efficiency. The quality of the PSU itself can still be bad. 
For example, the EVGA GD is 80+ Gold, but that's still a medicore PSU.

Also i'm not sure if 500W is enough. It's below the recommended PSU for a 3060ti

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

GPUs are pretty overpriced now.

If you are firm on buying a PC, then you can go with something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£182.47 @ Ebuyer) 

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£62.99 @ CCL Computers) 

Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Turbine 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (£68.18 @ Newegg UK) CL18 yeah I know

Storage: Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£102.00 @ Ebuyer) 

Video Card: Palit GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Dual Video Card (£462.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case (£53.39 @ Amazon UK) 

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£79.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £1011.96

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-19 13:58 GMT+0000

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W