My Core i7 3770 Cpu can't Turbo Boost

@enesgoncu The BIOS might not be setting your CPU up correctly. If you cannot solve this problem with Intel XTU, give ThrottleStop a try.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/throttlestop-9-2-9.276365/

Click on the Set Multiplier option and set that to the maximum value. Click on the Turn On button and see if that makes a difference. Post some screenshots of ThrottleStop and I will probably be able to figure out what is going on. Make sure SpeedStep is checked. When idle, check the C states window to make sure they are working. Non K processors like you have need to have the C states enabled to reach maximum speed. Run a 1 Thread test of the built in TS Bench test and post a screenshot of that. The more info you post, the easier it will be to find the problem. Also make sure that Disable Turbo is not checked.

38 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

@enesgoncu The BIOS might not be setting your CPU up correctly. If you cannot solve this problem with Intel XTU, give ThrottleStop a try.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/throttlestop-9-2-9.276365/

Click on the Set Multiplier option and set that to the maximum value. Click on the Turn On button and see if that makes a difference. Post some screenshots of ThrottleStop and I will probably be able to figure out what is going on. Make sure SpeedStep is checked. When idle, check the C states window to make sure they are working. Non K processors like you have need to have the C states enabled to reach maximum speed. Run a 1 Thread test of the built in TS Bench test and post a screenshot of that. The more info you post, the easier it will be to find the problem. Also make sure that Disable Turbo is not checked.

hello and thanks for the reply

I checked the Set Multiplier box and turned it to 39 which is maximum it goes. Clicked on the Turn On button. Also SpeedStep is enabled in both Throttlestop and BIOS.

I guess C States not working I checked my bios to find any option about C States but I couldn't find.

This is how C States looks like when idle also it looks same when I run any programs or tests:

throttlestop.png.50b2d4f581fca48acf192879ed317d9f.png

I guess it's not working I checked my bios to find any option about C States but I couldn't find.

and I run TS Bench test with 1 thread and this is the result:

throttlestop2.png.219d90429543e4d76fe38bea55940b1b.png

I will reboot and upload my bios screen photos after I send this post.

30 minutes ago, enesgoncu said:

bios settings

Your problems are being caused by your BIOS settings. Are you using the latest BIOS version for your computer?

Open the BIOS and go to the page two up from this post. The one that says Advanced - CPU PPM Configuration

The 3770 needs to have the C states enabled to reach maximum speed. As a minimum, you need to enable CPU C3 Report. I would enable all three of these. CPU C3 Report, CPU C6 Report and CPU C7 report.

The next problem is your motherboard is setting both of your turbo power limits to zero. This disables Intel Turbo Boost from working. The 3770 has a 77W TDP limit. The Intel default settings for this CPU are to set the Long Duration Power Limit to 77 and set the Short Duration Power Limit to 25% higher so the Short limit should be set to 96.

Long duration maintained is the time limit. The typical default setting for this is 28 seconds so set that to 28.

Not sure if this is necessary but I would enable ACPI T State. There are a few other settings that do not look right but start by fixing all of the above problems. 

Run the TS Bench again with a 1 Thread load but this time take a screenshot while this test is in the middle of running. This will show me what multipliers your CPU is using. Also post an updated screenshot of the C states window while your CPU is idle.

Every time you make a change in the BIOS, you will need to delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file before running ThrottleStop. This will allow ThrottleStop to read the default values that your BIOS set your CPU to. Show me the TRL and TPL windows too.

So I changed my bios settings. Looks like Turbo Boost still doesn't work.

-Enabled all three of C states

-Set Long Duration Power Limit to 77

-Short Duration Power Limit to 96

-Long Duration Maintained to 28

-Also enabled ACPI T State

This is 1 Thread TS Bench screenshot:

throttlestop3.png.d759000cbc469150fcd0344e7275adef.png

and this is idle C States screenshot:

throttlestop4.png.93c889a094bffb889bebd79018a85268.png

TPL and TRL screens:

trl.png.f2486828511df299d0b84a4bcd893e05.pngtpl.png.77045813300118448fde54b20da278d8.png

BTW, I used to think the problem was my BIOS might be corrupted and reflashing could solve my problem. So I searched on google like 2 days for a BIOS rom (newer or older versions) and I couldn't find one. 

15 minutes ago, enesgoncu said:

Looks like Turbo Boost still doesn't work.

Can you try running CPU-Z? Click on the About tab and press the Save Report (.TXT) button. Attach that file to your next post or copy and paste the data to http://www.pastebin.com

Maybe there will be a clue hiding in there. Most of the obvious stuff is now set correctly. If you had a Z series board you could enjoy turbo boost and a +400 MHz overclock. The TRL window confirms that your 3770 supports that feature but your motherboard does not. Let me know if you need a Z series board. I think I have a spare one in stock. 

I am not a big fan of low end boards with the H61 chipset that you can never find any BIOS updates for.

While I was waiting for you to reply I was checking your other posts and I see the CPU-Z Report thing and tried it. Report txt file is attached.

Actuall I was looking for a Z series motherboard but the problem is can't find brand new, and the used ones usally has problems (like broken pins or some ram slots not working)

Also even used ones are not cheap really sometimes more expensive than new gen boards.

DESKTOP-5KE74AM.txt

1 hour ago, unclewebb said:

Can you try running CPU-Z? Click on the About tab and press the Save Report (.TXT) button. Attach that file to your next post or copy and paste the data to http://www.pastebin.com

Maybe there will be a clue hiding in there. Most of the obvious stuff is now set correctly. If you had a Z series board you could enjoy turbo boost and a +400 MHz overclock. The TRL window confirms that your 3770 supports that feature but your motherboard does not. Let me know if you need a Z series board. I think I have a spare one in stock. 

I am not a big fan of low end boards with the H61 chipset that you can never find any BIOS updates for.

Do you think I should reflash my bios to the same or older versions?