What power supply do I need for the MSI ventus 3x

FleximusRex

Hey guys my dad managed to get a 3070 from msi and we are trying to find the correct power supply. I know Nvidia recently change the power connectors to 8×2 pin and I have been looking everywhere and cannot find one. Please

help me find one that has the specific power requirements for the 3070. Thanks 

7 minutes ago, FleximusRex said:

Hey guys my dad managed to get a 3070 from msi and we are trying to find the correct power supply. I know Nvidia recently change the power connectors to 8×2 pin and I have been looking everywhere and cannot find one. Please

help me find one that has the specific power requirements for the 3070. Thanks 

Wait what? Nvidia uses a single 12 pin. MSI uses 2 8 pins, or basically what you'll find with literally any standard psu for their 3070 ventus lineup. Buy like a 650w antec neoeco gold, or something. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Any 650/750W unit from the PSU Tier List of Tier B or greater (Tier A or B) are a must with Amphere graphics cards. 

22 minutes ago, FleximusRex said:

I know Nvidia recently change the power connectors to 8×2 pin and I have been looking everywhere and cannot find one.

That's only on Founder Edition (FE) Nvidia RTX 30 series cards as those are designed by Nvidia. Nvidia provides an adaptor that goes from the 1x12-pin to 2x 8-pin but you do not have to worry about this as you have a custom PCB card by MSI utilizing the 8-pin connectors. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"