Wireless headset for gaming and skype with a retractable mic, suggestions?

Dreawyn
Go to solution Solved by nixproducer,

Mostly because I find it way more convenient, honestly.

I dislike needing to plug/unplug the headset out of the pc when wanting to listen to my speakers and whatnot.

Also as my PC sits to my right, mostly I find it so inconvenient that the cables tend to run from the left side (like with Siberia v2) over to the pc. I could possibly consider something like a headphones that have the cables running from the right side speaker-side (very confusing explanation. I hope you got it).

I am aware that you could just simply change the main audio device every now and then from within the controls, but honestly? That leaves just the cable issue with Siberia v2.

With that said, should there be a good option with cloth covering on the pads and a microphone to go with that. I am sold, well as long as I do not have to cope with the oddness of the cables running from the left of the headphones over to the pc that stands to my right.

i would so recommend the Func HS 260s for you switchable mic and cable so you can have them on what side you want and you can switch the earcups from cloth to pleather and vice versa

Hello.

I am looking for a wireless headset, doesn't even have to be ''gaming'' branded. I did watch the video series that Linus made about gaming graded headsets being decent at what they do, and honestly I am coming from SteelSeries Siberia v2, so. Yeah, nothing huge.

Anyway, there are a few things I am looking for and hoping to get.

Cloth instead of pleather on the headphones.

A retractable mic, or possibly one that is able to be removed, but bends like the one on Siberia v2.

Price range is at about the same as the H-wireless.

I do not need additional batteries, nor the basestation that for example A50 comes with, to put it short something like A50 would be great, if it wasn't for the mic being boom.

Logitech G930 wireless, Vengeance 2100

Diamond 5 in League :)

then go with the H wireless because those are the only ones that are wireless and that have a retractable mic, but of course i have to recommend a pair of headphones+mic but if you really need wireless i would get the H wireless

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Logitech G930 wireless, Vengeance 2100

then go with the H wireless because those are the only ones that are wireless and that have a retractable mic, but of course i have to recommend a pair of headphones+mic but if you really need wireless i would get the H wireless

G930, H wireless both share the same issue. Their cover is pleather, or at least not cloth. I cannot stand that, sadly.

The corsair 2100 seems to be  so far the only option, sadly it's boom mic and not remove able, nor retractable. I really wish there was a headset that was like 2100, but with said mic option. I guess no such exist, currently?

G930, H wireless both share the same issue. Their cover is pleather, or at least not cloth. I cannot stand that, sadly.

The corsair 2100 seems to be  so far the only option, sadly it's boom mic and not remove able, nor retractable. I really wish there was a headset that was like 2100, but with said mic option. I guess no such exist, currently?

no have you taken a look at the Astro A50's they are wireless they are not cloth but they are not pleather, and i would recommend to overthink the headphones+mic idea you could do much better for the price that you are paying

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

no have you taken a look at the Astro A50's they are wireless they are not cloth but they are not pleather, and i would recommend to overthink the headphones+mic idea you could do much better for the price that you are paying

Did see the whole series that Linus made about the gaming headsets, so yes. The A50s look like a decent choice, yes. 

I could consider going wireless headphones + a mic, though with that said I must confess I have absolutely -no- idea what to buy.

Did see the whole series that Linus made about the gaming headsets, so yes. The A50s look like a decent choice, yes. 

I could consider going wireless headphones + a mic, though with that said I must confess I have absolutely -no- idea what to buy.

if you do not mind me asking why do you insist on wireless because there are sooooooo many better options out there 

if you do not mind me asking why do you insist on wireless because there are sooooooo many better options out there 

I dislike needing to plug/unplug the headset out of the pc when wanting to listen to my speakers and whatnot.

Also as my PC sits to my right, mostly I find it so inconvenient that the cables tend to run from the left side (like with Siberia v2) over to the pc. I could possibly consider something like a headphones that have the cables running from the right side speaker-side (very confusing explanation. I hope you got it).

I am aware that you could just simply change the main audio device every now and then from within the controls, but honestly? That leaves just the cable issue with Siberia v2.

With that said, should there be a good option with cloth covering on the pads and a microphone to go with that. I am sold, well as long as I do not have to cope with the oddness of the cables running from the left of the headphones over to the pc that stands to my right.

i would so recommend the Func HS 260s for you switchable mic and cable so you can have them on what side you want and you can switch the earcups from cloth to pleather and vice versa

Did watch the video from Linus on these and did some research on them too. Looks like a great option, oh dear. Thank you so much, will definitely go with these!

Did watch the video from Linus on these and did some research on them too. Looks like a great option, oh dear. Thank you so much, will definitely go with these!

good and glad to help hope you like those and do not forget to report back to tell me how they are