Will my laptop's bios conflict with an eGPU connected via mPCIe?

Eat Soup
Go to solution Solved by Eat Soup,

Update: although my laptop does have a wifi module whitelist, the exp gdc beast that I use will work through the m.2 ngff connector. If you want to connect something back into the ngff such as your wifi module, simply flash a uefi firmware bios from the manufacturer's website and you are good to go.

The laptop I will be using is a Lenovo S340-15iil with an i7-1065G7 and I plan to connect an rx 5700 via one of those GPU docks that connect via mPCIe. The concern I have is if the bios of the motherboard will conflict with the mPCIe connection since I have experienced issues in the past with this exact laptop where the bios disabled the mPCIe slot entirely because it detected an unofficially supported wifi adapter (the mPCIe would enable once again after I flashed the firmware of the motherboard, but only with the original wifi adapter).

• 1 month later...

Update: although my laptop does have a wifi module whitelist, the exp gdc beast that I use will work through the m.2 ngff connector. If you want to connect something back into the ngff such as your wifi module, simply flash a uefi firmware bios from the manufacturer's website and you are good to go.