Be Quiet Glass Panel shattered

Michael Wolf
Go to solution Solved by Michael Wolf,

Just to close the case, Be Quiet HQ had contacted me and offered me a replacement piece. I've opted for a metal side panel replacement and got it within 3 days. They were very apologetic and I believe probably i got a bad piece or it may have been compromised during shipment. But nevertheless good after sales support and will opt for Be Quiet products again. 

On a side note, I've custom made a tinted black acrylic, with magnetic side strip, and planning to coat it with oleophobic coat to minimise the finger prints. 🙂

I knew it was a bad idea when I saw my be quiet Dark Base Pro v2 side panel is made of tempered glass... Initially i thought was acrylic. And then my greatest nightmare happened. The glass panel shattered when I was just placing it back on the case. Because it was glass, I was extremely careful when handling it, i made sure there was no protruding part, nor did i drop it. But never did I expect that it would just shattered when I'm screwing it back on. 

thankfully my kids weren't in the room when it happened. I can't imagine if it had shattered when my kids were playing with my computer. I've since left a msg to be quiet but have yet to hear from them. 

I'm not sure if i even want a replacement glass panel, fearing it may happen again. I'm not sure if they have an acrylic version. 

I really like this case and love how the fans and AIO are silent, but the glass panel is just a big no no. 

I'm just wondering if it's possible to just mod the side panel myself, meaning if i could get someone to manufacture an acrylic version and with the same dimension? 

Or is there any way to reinforce the tempered glass panel if they send me a replacement? I.e. any stickers?

254732776_bequietDarkBaseProv2ShatteredGlassPanel_20210116_201341.jpg

701940388_bequietDarkBaseProv2ShatteredGlassPanel_20210116_201355.jpg

576798082_bequietDarkBaseProv2ShatteredGlassPanel_20210116_201411.jpg

242350042_bequietDarkBaseProv2ShatteredGlassPanel_20210116_201501.jpg

1140922839_bequietDarkBaseProv2ShatteredGlassPanel_20210116_201517.jpg

21 minutes ago, Michael Wolf said:

I'm just wondering if it's possible to just mod the side panel myself, meaning if i could get someone to manufacture an acrylic version and with the same dimension? 

Yes. Just do exactly that.

Not sure we needed the pictures , but yeah just buy a sheet of plexi at the hardware store and have them cut it to size and just double side tape it on.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Could have done without the toes though.

yeah.....

Plexi/Acryclic and double sided magnetic tape with adhesive on one side and it will just stick right onto the frame if its made of metal

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just to close the case, Be Quiet HQ had contacted me and offered me a replacement piece. I've opted for a metal side panel replacement and got it within 3 days. They were very apologetic and I believe probably i got a bad piece or it may have been compromised during shipment. But nevertheless good after sales support and will opt for Be Quiet products again. 

On a side note, I've custom made a tinted black acrylic, with magnetic side strip, and planning to coat it with oleophobic coat to minimise the finger prints. 🙂

Hi guys, the same thing happened to me just the first day i was screwing the window panel, how i will contact with them? should i send to Rma, technical support, spare parts, i cant find the their email to send them.

my case is 500dx and i cant see seperate window panel on their site.

unnamed.jpg

There should be a contact us form on bequiet page, i did it through there. 

If not you can try emailing to service@bequiet.com

usually they reply after 3 working days