Need help getting RGB to work correctly, or figuring out if it's faulty.

FirmDoughnut

Okay so I tried posting to Reddit first but that was... about as unhelpful as it gets. I've searched everywhere for an answer to my issue but it's somewhat specific and I've been unable to solve it. Almost all my RGB components are working incorrectly, or not working at all.

I have a few RGB components that I've been trying to get working. I'm running a new build. These are my parts: 

I built the PC and have updated the BIOS to the F11 version from the manufacturers website, this was the latest version. I have since installed Windows 10 and fully updated all drivers.

General

For every RGB program tried below, I had uninstalled the previous RGB program (if any) and rebooted the system to avoid any potential conflicts. The firmware update was done with all the components plugged in, was that wrong to do?

Case fans RGB

Prior to the firmware update, the Cooler Master case fans RBG was working, I had tried switching the PC on before updating the BIOS as I wanted to be sure it would power up and there were no issues. After the BIOS update, the case fans RGB has never switched back on, the fans themselves are spinning.

The case fans are plugged into the splitter that came with the case, then into the 3-pin ARGB header. I have tried both of the two 3-pin headers on the motherboard. I have not yet tried plugging the fans into the controller that then goes to the PSU yet as it's a bit of a headache but will try that next. I feel like maybe it's a firmware update issue as the fans were working prior to that.

RAM RGB

The RAM, not sure what it was doing pre-update, I don't remember. After the update, it has been randomly pulsing at a fast and annoying speed. The colours are random and it is out of sync 90% of the time. Crucial's M.O.D Utility (DDR4 version, I checked) detects the RAM but does not make any difference when I change the RGB from within the program. I was able to change the RGB with Armoury Crate which worked once. After I uninstalled it to try something else, then reinstalled it later it no longer detects the RAM. I used their uninstall tool to uninstall it, but I am unsure it had completely removed the program as when I right click on the desktop 'Armoury Crate' is still visible in the options so it has left random traces around.

Motherboard RGB

This is probably the only part that functions correctly. I used Gigabytes RGB Fusion 2.0 and had no problems with it. Fusion does also detect the RAM but does not make any effect to it.

CPU cooler RGB

I haven't tried this one yet

Is anyone here able to help? All these parts are new and under warranty. 

I have tested the RGB issues further as I have had time to do so. Here is an update on the issues:

The Cooler Master case fans do work when plugged directly into the controller and PSU, bypassing the motherboard. I will point out again that these fans did work via the motherboard before I updated the firmware. I would much rather plug these into the motherboard, failing that I ideally need to rule out that the motherboard is faulty while I can still return it.

The RGB ram still does not work. I have tried swapping in one stick, clearing the CMOS, and reseating the RAM. I am out of other ideas. No program detects the RAM RGB options. M.O.D Utility is the only program still to detect the RAM but the RGB options do not affect the RAM.

I have downloaded and tried Open RGB. This program only detected the motherboard, and some external components.

Does anyone have any advice on further troubleshooting? I am not really sure what else to try beyond chasing up the manufacturers for RMAs, but right now they could quite easily just blame it on the other component. I want to try my best to isolate the issues.

Update #2

Have tried the RGB RAM in another computer that supports DDR4. The RAM still does the random fast colour changing effect, not sure if this is its default but its so annoying and out of sync I can't imagine it would be. The RGB is however changeable via the M.O.D Utility on the other computer.

Both motherboards used are listed as compatible with this RAM on Crucial's website.

At this point I really just need any other ideas. Worst case scenario, if I am able, I will be returning the RAM for a non-RGB version, however I do still want this to work. 

1 hour ago, FirmDoughnut said:

Update #2

Have tried the RGB RAM in another computer that supports DDR4. The RAM still does the random fast colour changing effect, not sure if this is its default but its so annoying and out of sync I can't imagine it would be. The RGB is however changeable via the M.O.D Utility on the other computer.

Both motherboards used are listed as compatible with this RAM on Crucial's website.

At this point I really just need any other ideas. Worst case scenario, if I am able, I will be returning the RAM for a non-RGB version, however I do still want this to work. 

ya that s the ram not the rgb that's tested compatible. welcome to rgb hell. i too got a azrock mb and paid and extra $20 for an rgb header as i thought that it be good for resell value. well the mb software detected the ram for a bit then complety disperd.. and the ram rgb software also didn't work.

they wont fix the problem because they want to force to to spend more on an mb with more 'options" this is why there are a software per chipset even from the same manufacturer.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links