SD 855 vs Core i3 8100

8 minutes ago, Parvesh Khatri said:

I saw the comparison on this website https://gadgetversus.com/processor/intel-core-i3-8100-vs-qualcomm-sm8150-snapdragon-855/

The 855 is slightly behind from the i3 8100, is it true that snapdragon in mobiles kills later gen desktop processors?

If so, then why don't all of us have desktop cabinets size of a smartphone yet?

I doubt that website is accurate. How would they even compare it, it’s s smartphone vs pc

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

13 minutes ago, Downkey said:

I doubt that website is accurate. How would they even compare it, it’s s smartphone vs pc

By running benchmarks which take account the processors technology. I'm looking at Notebookcheck.com data and it kinda verifies this. Though only with multicore testing (duh, Snapdragon has double the cores). In single core tests i3 with higher clockspeed is better.

The tests don't really relate on real-world. Since one is ARM and another is x86. You need to run software made for them, and using emulation would make results impossible to compare directly. So for now this kind of comparison is only for lols.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

33 minutes ago, Parvesh Khatri said:

I saw the comparison on this website https://gadgetversus.com/processor/intel-core-i3-8100-vs-qualcomm-sm8150-snapdragon-855/

The 855 is slightly behind from the i3 8100, is it true that snapdragon in mobiles kills later gen desktop processors?

If so, then why don't all of us have desktop cabinets size of a smartphone yet?

That website seems a bit weird. I decided to look at Geekbench's own website instead, where you can view their Geekbench 5 (more up to date suite) results.

Snapdragon 855 (in the Galaxy S10 Lite😞

Single core - 706

Multi core - 2407

i3-8100 (in a Dell prebuilt😞

Single core - 1016

Multi core - 3490

Please note that comparing different Geekbench runs like this is generally a bad idea because scores are easy to manipulate. Preferably the scores should be from a trusted party that ran the benchmarks themselves on both platforms.

7 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

The tests don't really relate on real-world. Since one is ARM and another is x86. You need to run software made for them, and using emulation would make results impossible to compare directly. So for now this kind of comparison is only for lols.

Geekbench is cross-platform and cross-architecture. No emulation is necessary.

Geekbench does have some limitations in what it tests though, and because of that should not be taken as a be all and end all performance overview.

17 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Geekbench is cross-platform and cross-architecture. No emulation is necessary.

Geekbench does have some limitations in what it tests though, and because of that should not be taken as a be all and end all performance overview.

Then why did you quote that part? I'm saying that benchmarks don't relate to real world since software needs to be optimized for platform or use emulation. And if latter is used, the comparison is not fair.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Then why did you quote that part? I'm saying that benchmarks don't relate to real world since software needs to be optimized for platform or use emulation. And if latter is used, the comparison is not fair.

Geekbench is (somewhat) based on real world tests.

Geekbench is optimized and runs well on both x86 and ARM, without emulation necessary.