Displayport dead? Cannot wake from sleep unless change output port?

TonyYang

My PC is having some really strange behaviour recently. I suspect there is an hardware issue somewhere in the system, but cannot identify.

The main suspect is my GTX1080. Below are the behaviours:

1. The system will suddenly shut down as if the power was cut. While this is not often, it did happen twice in one day seemingly at random.

2. When connected to monitor via DisplayPort, the system will not post. An LED on the motherboard will light up, indicating a VGA error. The card has two DisplayPorts, neither will post.

3. When connected to monitor via HDMI, the system seems to be stable, apart from the random shut down mentioned above. I successfully ran Unigine Valley benchmark for 1 hour.

4. The system cannot "wake" from sleep. When I tried to wake the system from sleep, I can see on the monitor that it is trying to get the signal from my PC, but can never succeed. The only way to "wake" it was to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it into the other HDMI port on the card.

5. There are some strange display artefacts, I tried screen capture, but the artefacts won't show up on the screen shots. So I took photos instead, note the green dots. They are attached here.

Can someone help me guess which part is most likely to be faulty? The only "abuse" I did to my PC was I unplugged the power twice during some system freeze, but I doubt it will break any hardware.  

20210116_231120.jpg

20210116_231132.jpg